We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, September 27, 2010

Jump Superstars Part 21: Go is the Pits.

... Is this stage a strawberry, or some sort of mutant meteor? Well, I guess once again we'll have to see what happens when we go in.

A giant old fashioned clusterfuck is what happened. Not only is everyone attacking me, they're also attacking each other this level, so that causes their kill count to skyrocket, since as we all know the computer cheats like a bastard. About all I have going for me is that the others do seem to view me as the primary target, so they'll come straight for me every time. With a bit of luck, and blasting a hole in the wall, I'm able to either push them in, or jump over their heads as they dive at me, causing them to fly off of the edge of the stage and lower their kill counts. Thank gods.

And we have another tornado! Oh goody! I'm looking forward to whatever evil thing may await me on the other side... I should correct that. I'm looking forward to finally finding the final boss, because it's not that this game isn't a lot of fun, it's that it just goes on FOREVER.

I enter through the tornado and find myself back on the first world again, this time at the base of Mt.Fuji Mark 3, The Destroyer. The stage here is another boss stage, this one an ice cream cone... I somehow doubt this will be my ultimate battle, don't you?

Not too hard a stage, aside from the moving conveyor belts and constant onslaught from Kenshin, Naruto, and Goku... Ok, maybe the stage was a bit hard, but thankfully there was a pit, so... it wasn't that hard. I find it sad that though the stages are getting harder and harder to beat, they still just fall backwards into pits all the time.

Uhhh... there's... another tornado?

Was that even worth the tornado?
Seriously, what the hell was the point in that? It was ONE stage, and not even a complex one. You could have skipped it, and no one would have noticed! It was just like they threw it in there for poops and giggles, or someone wanted it there to justify some awful fanfic they wrote in high school. It's just... man, anyway, moving on...

Ok... we're back on world four now... it's a little island, all by itself... Well, little, but big enough for a pile of stages. There's another B-Splosion stage, and this time it's two symbols I don't recognize beyond the fact that they MIGHT be Go pieces. I guess we'll see?

Yes, I am definitely sensing a very subtle Go theme, are you?

Go is the pits.
Once again... pits. I mean, come on... I don't even want to make a joke about it, it's turning out so sad. Push attack, knock enemies into pit, jump to other side. Push attack, knock enemies in, jump to other side. It's got to suck to be the bad guys in the game... one might almost say, it's the pits.

I'm sorry.

The next stage seems to be Dragonball Z-related, so let's go and see, shall we?

Man... just... more pits... I don't even want to comment on it, but now at least I know that Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho is a summon... I wish I even bothered to look at the panels anymore, or I would give him a shot.

Seriously, remember the last time you heard me mention panels? Me neither, but that was the last time I bothered looking at them. I'm still using the precreated panel sets I started the game with, and still beating everything.

We'll have more for you tomorrow, and a little preview is: I FINALLY FINISH THE GAME!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment