We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Flailthroughs - Jump Superstars! (Part 13)

Ok, so there are still two stages left in this world, one is all explodey and the other is a standard flag. I think I'll take a look at the explosion stage and see what comes up!

The symbol on the stage is a cherry... I'm pretty sure that's the symbol for Generic Romance Manga, so I'm going to assume that this stage is going to involve angst, crying, and possibly an adorable girl giving me a bento box... which, given the style of manga, I'll either have to take from her with a blush, or smack out of her hand with a smirk. This would finally tell me for sure if I'm a good guy or bad guy, but I doubt it's that simple... Maybe I'll push someone over and laugh at them for being a lowerclassman. I hope so, I've always wanted to.

Well that was one of the better stages I've been on. I can't quite put my finger on what it was, though... the flower motif? The strangely attractive black-haired woman (man? It's not impossible) I was fighting, or the giant bikini-clad girl in the background... flowers, definitely. The stage is also unique in that the restless dead do their best to thwart your every move, as their skinny arms reach out of the ground and try to pull you down, or at least thwart people in general... there's definite thwarting involved in this stage, ok? Don't bother me! Also, someone on this stage has a move that makes the WHOLE screen go white other than you, which makes it impossible to see where the people who are trying to kill you are hiding, or to ogle the flowers. Anyway, I did beat it, and managed to do something involving the B button, so I get an extra panel. Thanks B button, I owe you one.

So now back to the world map, and onto the generic M flag stage.

These stages tend to not have the normal objectives of the explosion stages, so since this is on Mt.Fuji, I think it's safe to say this one will involve sacrificing a virgin to the angry volcano gods... or maybe an episode of Ninja Warrior.

FUCKING BOXES!

I'm fine, I'm fine, I promise. I'm just... yeah, I'm fine.

Ok, so onto the panel creation screen for a bit, yeah? I mean, I haven't talked about that in a while... you're really going to make me talk about it, aren't you? After all I've done for you, the HOURS I've played video games for you, this is the thanks I get!?... Ok, fair enough. The boxes had to be killed 20 times... What? It was traumatic! I don't judge you, do I? Well I should, because I'm qualified to do so, as someone who has almost beaten a Phoenix Write game... Well that still makes me more qualified than that judge.

Well, I think that's enough of that. Onto the next world!

... What the hell am I looking at? The world I'm on looks to be some sort of world of desolation... The home of an angry god, of course! Now it makes sense! I'm not entirely sure what upset him, but if I was going to hazard a guess, I would say it has something to do with the giant clam full of elbow macaroni that seems to have taken up the middle of his home. Call me strange, but I think that would bother me
as well.

Yup, that's a giant clam full of elbow macaroni. Savor the imagery of Jump Superstars!


I think I'll wait until tomorrow to try the first stage... the clam is looking at me funny. More tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment