We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Flailthroughs - Jump Superstars! (Part 22) - The Grande Finally! (Yes, I spelled it right, trust me.)

HOLY SHIT! A NEW STAGE!

Like we didn't see that coming. BUT, it's a B-splosion stage, with the Shonen Jump Pirate head as its symbol! sweet! Let's see what happens!

Holy crap! It's the furniture thief!

The Furniture Thief Revealed!The man who has been taunting me since the start of this game is now grinning at me, his white guy afro taunting me with it's beauty... I will end him, and I will end him for good!

JESUS CHRIST THAT WAS HARD!

The man seems to be a combination of all of the most painful and dangerous moves in the entire game, able to summon a fairy that sends out an invincible poop robot that runs across the ground (I somehow suspect Bobobo being involved), summoning a giant ass Megaman-like robot that just blasts you away, and turning into Piccolo or Vegeta. That.. was painful.

But I think I did it! I think I beat the game, really, honestly, and finally! This is... this is one of the greatest moments of my life...

YES! YES! I DID IT! OH THANK YOU GOD!

Ah, I know who that is! It's Dr. Mashirito from Dr. Slump -Ed.

Thus mostly ends Jump Superstars.
Oh son of a bitch!

Another stage!? WHY!?

Well, whining won't get us anywhere, might as well move along. This stage is... a pile of poop. I'm not kidding, the symbol is a pile of poop... this could be good, actually.

Ahh! Dr.Slump! That's actually cool, I had been wondering where this manga was going to show up! And look at that, the little girl with pink hair is an avatar of death! Ow! Three tries before I have to resort to breaking down one of the walls and kicking everyone over the edge. I'm not proud of it, but then again... meh.

There's a pirate head stage next, where it seems all I have to do is survive until the time runs out. Not too bad all in all, and I- OH MY GOD IT'S ANOTHER TORNADO!

Excuse me for a moment while I weep openly... thank you...

And back! I guess we'll just head through and see what comes... wait... it's world 1-1... the whole thing loops back around! HA! You thought you could trick me, didn't you! You just wanted me to play the game over and over again, until I lost all hope, and went completely insane, again! Well you're not going to win this round! I've beat the game, for real this time!

Ok, seriously for a moment here. Fighting games are not my cup of tea, but if I were going to give this game a rating, I would put it toward the top of the list of the fighting games that I've played. The characters are numerous, the customization is absolutely wonderful, and the concept itself is fairly new in the world of fighting games, or at least American ones. I would give this a... well, I don't feel like coming up with some sort of "five cheeses out of ten," system to measure, so... no, that works, but I would give it seven cheeses out of ten.

If you've been reading this, and you think that I made the game sound never-ending... well, I did, but that would actually be good for someone that likes fighting and puzzles, which it provides a small amount of. Give it a shot, it's not that expensive, and it could keep your attention for a while.

Stay tuned for my next Flail! Pocket Monsters (Pokemon) Black!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment