We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Flailthroughs - Jump Superstars! (Part 8)

And on I go!

It's only now that I've noticed that there's a symbol in the bottom right corner of the map screen that seems to show me what series the stage I'm going to is from. Since I didn't have too many stages like that in the first world, it's not too odd to have missed it until this point, but boy, I'm feeling special.

This next stage is Yu-Gi-Oh, which I know fairly well, (don't judge me) and I'm interested in seeing what it has to throw at me... The answer to that is: a lot of pits, and people with knock back attacks. It is likely one of the more annoying stages just because of how fast it is, and how the other two players don't seem to care how much you beat them as long as they beat you worse. This is a pain in the ass, yes, but on the plus side it means they don't pay that much attention to how close they're standing to the pits. I think I passed by about one kill.

Oh yes, and I should mention that only one of them seems to be a Yu-gi-Oh character, that character being Yugi himself. I mean, aside from the floating platforms made of Millennium Puzzles, I can't really see it being a Yu-gi-Oh stage, more of a mixture, like a fruit salad with a cucumber in it... Ew.

Denial: not EVEN a river, at least not in Yu-Gi-Oh Egypt.


Onto the next stage. This one doesn't seem to have a particular theme, but it does have Yugi again, so I guess he's what this world is suppose to be? Yes, now that the map moves, I can see that there are pyramids, so it all is starting to make sense. The Nile River is obviously the small lake to my left. I am thoroughly beaten by Yugi and Luffy, because it seems if you are killed just once the stage ends. Lovely! This is the reason I stopped playing Soul Calibur. Still, I come back and give it another shot, then learn that all I have to do is kill 2P again, like in previous levels. Obviously 2P is a dick, and I don't have anything against killing him over and over... Still, it does make me wonder who's hiding around here and fighting against me on their DS? Shouldn't it say "CPU" or something? Well, no point in arguing over semantics.

The icon for the next stage, which is another explosion stage, seems to be... a kitty? Am I going to have to beat up a kitty? Because if so, I'm not sure I like this game anymore, and I will call the humane society about these people... How do you report digital animal abuse anyway? "Hello, I'd like to report someone hurting a digital code that is in the vague shape of a cat! I think that you should... Hello?"

Ok, I have no damn clue what I'm looking at. At the start of every boss stage, a number of panels from the relevant manga pass by the screen. The manga in this case was... I don't know, but I will have to call it "Doughnut Vest Vampire," since that's all I can think of when I see this character: gangs, and a vest that looks like the man is deathly afraid of falling over, and decided to use jelly doughnuts as some sort of makeshift airbags... I don't think I would like this series, even if it is delicious.

Well this is lovely chaos. The stage itself seems to be a quaint little house of some sort, one would expect it to be made of gingerbread almost. The platforms certainly look like they might be made of it, but that's about all I can say for the moment as the beatings in the head that I received seem to have removed most of my long term memory of the event. I am victorious, but only just. I think I managed to make one of the criteria for beating this stage, and presumably "bleed a lot" is what it was, because I doubt it was "glorious victory."

That's all for now, stay tuned!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment