We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Flailthroughs - Jump Superstars! (Part 9)

Well, this is a bit interesting. The world map is interesting and educational! Did you know that the Fire Country from Naruto is directly adjacent to Ancient Egypt? I can only imagine that it's the edge of Suna territory in the Wind Country. The other thing that bothers me is I'm pretty sure that desert doesn't just end at high grass. I thought there would be some more subtle, natural looking way that it slowly changes from one to the other.

Well, onto stage 1-7, which also reminds me to tell you that every world seems to start at level one, just to keep things interesting. I enter the stage and am met by Sakura from Naruto, and I'm kind of looking forward to beating her in the head and telling her to do something useful for once. And I do... but apparently beating her in the head isn't the goal of this stage, which is a shame because I think it should be the goal of every stage. Nope, the goal, as I figure out three seconds before the timer runs out, is to destroy barrels... Ok... How does this count as winning a fight? I beat the barrels, but it doesn't even matter if I collect the fruit in them. This is the oddest war of attrition I've ever been in, but I think more battles should be run that way, to be honest.

Onto the next stage, which is another explosion stage, though this one has the Naruto symbol!

by a waterfall, I'm mocking Sasuke's hair.

Ok, now this is interesting. On all stages there are objectives that you have to complete not only to finish it, but also to be rewarded with panels for each you complete. On most stages, I get one or two out of usually three to five, but this time I managed to get them all... I don't know what they were, but after a bit of thought I think I figured them out:

1) Win stage
2) Stand in a corner
3) Push people into pit
4) Watch Sakura run into pit
5) Make fun of Sasuke's hair.

I don't know if these really are the objectives, but they're what I did, so it must be something close to the truth. It was a kind of sad stage, since I was fighting all of the tween ninja clan, and they just all ran at me without thinking... Sort of like the manga, actually, hm...

So I unlocked two stages from that little adventure, onto the east and one to the south. Stages 1-9, and 1-10... so much for numerical order. But hey, who really needs to listen to what numbers say anyway? They can't hold me back with their... counting correctly! Yeah, that's the ticket!

I move onto the next stage, curious to see what might come up, and lo and behold what to my wondering eyes appears? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't a sleigh, and the reindeer, unless you're looking at some Christmas pageant shit. Yes, that's right, it was more damn cardboard boxes! I thought I had seen the last of them, but no, I was wrong. These boxes will follow me around until the day I die, waiting, watching me... melting slightly in humid weather, but watching all the same. Thankfully, all I have to do is kill them very quickly, and then everyone is just as happy as a clam on a Ferris wheel.

Well, I'm going to take a break for today, since I'm starting to twitch again. More tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment