We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 12 (Around the world in 80 feet.)

Uh... you guys don't want Victini back, do you?Apparently people were a bit excited that I caught Vic... who knew?

Anyway, it's back to town and with an important bit of information. When you first enter the town, if you take the first street deep into the city, and then enter the first building on the right, on the top floor is a man that seems to give you a leaf stone... Now, I don't know if this is something he always does, or if it's because of my Yanappu. I suspect it has to do with my monkey, and that this stone will evolve him...



Yanappu is now Yanakki! Ugly.Yeah, I'd say that's about right... That is one stupid looking monkey with a pompadour...

Anyway, there's a lot of crazy crap going on around this city... Battling break dancers, an art gallery of some sort with a creepy clown who wants to trade pokemon with you, lord knows what ones, creepy men that jump out at you from behind dumpsters and give you TMs, coffee shop owners that give you cans of soda for no reason, and random battles inside of office buildings... Wow, that was one long damn sentence.

I should mention that after beating two of the break dancers, one wandered off to stand next to the other in the center of town... This may be important later, but... I have no idea.

There is also an office building worth note, and I believe it's one of the buildings on the main street from where you first enter the city. This building is full of trainers, and really interesting items that I am clueless as to what they do or are for. The most powerful it would seem it this guy.



Scruffy believes in this company. *snif*
Why yes, that is a mop, and yes, he is the janitor, why do you ask? Rather than make a Scrubs reference at this point, instead I think I'm going to stare at his pokemon for a moment.


Yabukuron, the trash-bag Pokemon.


Yep... That's a bag of trash alright... Is it wrong that I kind of want one? Nah, of course it isn't, this is pokemon, and you gotta catch 'em all.

... I think that guy just gave me the XP Share! sweet!

Alright, it's time to go and find a gym!

...wait. Why can I understand you?... What the hell am I looking at?


...and I'm not misunderstanding you in the right language! What gives!?
I don't know what's going on here, but that guy is speaking German...



Actually, That Guy's just as suited to Flailthroughs in Spanish as he is in Japanese.And she's speaking Spanish... It's kind of neat, but I'm not sure what's supposed to be going on in this room. I don't have too good of a grasp on Spanish, but I think that she's saying, "The dog is precocious, he has stolen part of my house."

Anyway, the search begins again!



I do like how they play with scale in this one. -Ed.I have the strange feeling this is a gym, and I don't know why.

As I attempt to enter, my childhood friend Librarian runs out and pushes me away from the door. I can't decide if he's a jerk, or if he was just running out that fast, and hit me... Either way it doesn't matter because I run into Man with Strange Hair, or possibly Woman with Slightly More Normal Hair, and s/he talks to me, likely about an overdue book that Librarian was fighting him/her about.

After that the funny-haired person runs off and I decide to see what the gym is like.

Closed, apparently... Damn it! I'm going to have to chase after the two of them, and I have no idea where they could have gone... I'm going to have to scour the city.




Ever notice how many Batman stories take place at 'the docks?'That wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, as I easily located them on the docks... The third from the right, I think. Anyway, Lardbottom is there with a girl with very silly hair, and a man or possibly woman with silly hair or not.

And then out of nowhere, the people I would least expect to ever show their faces, and have not already beaten for several hours till they run away and cry, Plasma Knights show up... Then run off, and I and Silly Hair am forced to chase them... DAMN! Oh, wait, there's silly hair at the end of the far left street, and it seems that the Plasma Knights are guarding... some random building?

We smite them verily, and then make our way inside to finish them off!

Team Galactic prepares to blah the blah.
... This could be trouble...

Man with silly hair and sparkly bath robe babbles at us for a bit, but we all know the speech by heart by now, don't we? "I am *blah* leader of *Blah* and our driving goal is to rid/bring/destroy the world of *blah*. If you try to stop us, we will not hesitate to *blah* and see if we don't!"

Anyway, Bull's Ass says something, and a Munna pops out of her pocket, or possibly she's just happy to see them. Plasma leaves and everyone babbles frantically. The little girl, who I'm thinking is this city's gym leader, hands me something, then everyone runs out like lunatics.

Guess I'll finally be able to get started on that gym battle, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Hang in there, more to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. "That is one stupid looking monkey with a pompadour..." - Lol.

    You mean having pokemon fights in an office building is not a normal thing? Happens all the time in my professional life...

    [ Keep up the fantastic work... I'm on a boat! ]

    ReplyDelete