We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 13 (Someone get me a Rabbi!)

So... did Pooh Bear explode all over this place?


Huh, a candied Gym.I only ask because I'm almost certain that the walls in this place are slathered in honey, and vaguely honeycomb-shaped... Anyway, this makes me guess that this place is bug type, so let's find out shall we?

Ok, I don't know what the dick just happened, but I think I just had to run face first though a wall of jello... I don't know what to say about that, aside from apparently that in jello, there is always room for me.

The hair... I can't stop looking at the hair...
Holy Hell it's Silly Hair Man! Or possibly Woman! I can't wait to see what they actually look like now!


Male? Female? Don't know, but it appears to be finishing a big musical number as we speak.
... Still... Um... Still having a bit of of trouble determining if it's a man or a woman, to be honest. I'm going to have to guess man though, because they're a full grown adult and don't have breasts that could be used to knock a good-sized meteor out of orbit. As I suspected, this is a bug gym, and he has a fairly impressive collection of creepy crawlies, but Vic, who I'm still leveling, seems to be doing just fine.

'Hahakomori' ...Mother Spider? Correction from someone with a better grasp of Japanese welcome! -Ed.
And that's... umm... damn, that's creepy is what that is. The worst part of that is that you know someone, somewhere finds that attractive... And I never want to meet that person, thank you.

Now, for the past two badges there has been a very pretty close up shot after I get the badge, but I haven't been able to get a picture of it, but this time I think I'll manage it.

It's the Beetle Badge! I really want to play Pokemon Black for myself now. -Ed.

Sort of... Damn camera. Anyway, victory is mine and whatnot. I make my way out of the gym, and then suddenly this happens.

Speaking of spiders, you are now seeing her hair and hat as a green and yellow spider eating her head.
I think when this is all over, I'll still have nightmares about her hair... and her ass.

This is one of the new mimics for the DSI, where you can video chat with your friends all over the planet... At the moment I'm playing this on a standard DS, since this game is the first region locked DS game ever, and won't work on my DSI XL. Oh well, I only saved up and bought it for this review, so it's not a big deal... *twitch*

Aside from the fact that it shows the nice little Volume icon to indicate people are talking when no noise other than the background music is coming through, I manage to pick up something from the conversation. The number 4 is mentioned, so I guess I'm heading to route 4!

That does seem the right way to head, because as soon as I enter the little hallway that connects all cities to areas, the girl with the butter fetish catches up with me and starts talking to me. She walks over to the information desk, somehow without causing a massive earthquake, then walks back over and attacks me... Because this is what normal people do.

You know, I know it's only fair that people you fight be allowed to use healing items in battle, since I can, but I think this girl abuses that ability. She is healing her pokemon literally almost every other turn. I still beat her, but damn it was almost as annoying as her GIGANTIC HIPS.

I make my way to the north, finding that the entire region is covered in a giant sandstorm. Librarian is waiting there for me, and insists on a battle, which I win. After the battle there's a familiar ringing, and I find myself in a three-way chat with Librarian, and Professor Bladdernut. They tell me something that is probably very interesting, or important, then the call ends and I'm left to wander the desert...

AngeliqueDaemon missed the word 'chat' when she proofed this.

And now we have a bit of a frightening turn of events!

Megurokko!

They have alligators in the desert! Damn! Now I'm not safe anywhere! Seriously though, is that a gator or a croc? I can't tell, but I think I'm going to call him Gator, instead of Meguroko.
Darumakka!
And this guy is Darumakka, who i'm calling Bodhi, after Bodhidharma, the Buddhist monk that went to the Buddha and asked for advice to achieve enlightenment, which lead to the founding of the style of Shaolin Kung Fu, and many others from those teachings... What? That's what he's named after, he even looks like a Dharma doll.

And... eew...

Zuruggu still looks like something out of Sgt. Frog to me.

I caught Foreskinamon, or Zuruggu as he's really called.

That's it for today, we'll have more tomorrow after I'm done power leveling my party to... I don't know, thirty-something.

No comments:

Post a Comment