We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, October 25, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 16 (Electric Boogaloo.)

This Pokemon Gym looks very Tron.

This is the gym... No, I'm not kidding... Isn't it just so shiny and great? So anyway, it looks like this is another gym set up like a puzzle of some sort, so I better get to solving it, shouldn't I? It looks like I need to take one of these little cars. The one on the left goes in a circle at the moment, so I guess that's a sign that I should head right. When I reach the other side I see what looks like a switch on the ground, but I'll have to battle a trainer to get to it.

Seriously. Shouldn't this Pokemon Trainer really be wearing a glowy blue sundress instead?
A bit of an odd trainer to run into in a place like this, but cute all the same, as are her pokemon. Makes me wonder if she didn't just wander in off of the street to get out of the rain, and end up battling people till they asked her to stay... Sort of like Little Orphan Ash, or Misty I suppose.


Emonga: The D'awww Pokemon.

Both of which seem to be this little guy... I kind of want one, but I have my party the way I want it for now, and don't want to go about changing it too much... Especially if it would involve more hours of power leveling. I can't tell you how much time I've spent doing that, even this early in the game, but it's upwards of three hours a night. That doesn't mean I won't still catch them for later, though.

So I beat that trainer and hop back onto the little car, where it takes me to a whole new platform.

I should never have written all those Poketank programs.
I think I'm starting to sense a trend here, but I'll continue.

What do southern Pokemon belles and Kentucky Pokemon Colonels have to do with Tron?
I should have figured it from the setup, and now looking at it I feel even sillier, but I'm sure this is an electric gym. This dapper young man sends out his lightning zebra to try to take down my Pigno, and I hate to break it to him but my little bros are about ten levels higher than him right now. The battle versus his one pokemon is over in a turn. Interestingly enough, when I go to open the next car, a trainer pops out to battle me. Nice trick buddy, but it's not going to give you any kind of advantage... Then again, everything else in this gym is for show, so I guess it doesn't matter. Two more Shimama down, and the trainer gives me a nice pile of cash and sends me on my way.

I know I'm reading that wrong: I swear she says this is the Lymon Gym. -Ed.
The next platform I'm sent to has another electric trainer that thinks they're a ninja, and I'm sorry but they'll just never be as cool as Lt.Surge, no matter how hard they try... Yes, I know he wasn't a ninja, but my point still stands. They send out another of those flying mice, which are named Emonga just so you know, and the battle is over with Pigno gaining a level out of it. We hop into the car and after a ride that would leave a normal person with his liver in his sinuses later, we're here.

Gym Leader Kamitsure
I like her, she looks chill, which is the way a gym leader should be.

Yeah, Kamitsure does seem pretty chill.
See? Not a care in the world, even though her first pokemon is more than ten levels lower than mine, and dead... That's always a bad idea, sending out a dead pokemon. The next she sends out is the exact same pokemon, same level, same dead in one hit. I can't wait to see how bad the ne...

Zeburaika: The Hellooooo Zeeba Neighba Pokemon.
I may need to level my Shimama up when this is done...

Just so you know, that guy was still kind of tough for my Chaobuu to take out, even eight levels higher. And by kind of tough I mean I used up most of my supply of... High Potions, or something. They heal 200HP a go, so I would stock up if I were you. Come to think of it, just buy everything in the store that heals or revives to keep on hand.

Behold: The Bolt Badge! I was hoping it'd be an Identity Disc.
Victory is mine! I have defeated the evil... chill... lady... who probably isn't evil at all. Well, some victories are bittersweet.

That's all for today, Tomorrow we figure out... where the hell I'm supposed to go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment