We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 7 (Double your pleasure, double your fun.)



I was actually on my way out of the cave when I ran into this little guy.

Moguryuu/Moley: think we should teach him Dig?Just look at him. Isn't he great? I'm calling him Moley, though the real name of his breed is Moguryuu. I thought that Ryuu meant some sort of dragon, but I guess that it could also mean mole... Brings a whole new aspect to Street Fighter, doesn't it?

I make a quick trip back to town to stock up on some Super Balls... or at least that's what they look like to me, and it eats a big enough hole in my cash that they had better be Super Balls, then make my way down the new route.

As I make my way through it, I run into Librarian, who is standing in the middle of a field of grass. This is only strange in the pokemon world in that he isn't shuffling back and forth like a madman, cursing about low encounter rates. The second I come into view he scurries out and talks to me, then runs off as quickly as he came... Sure Librarian, whatever you say. Shine on you crazy diamond.

And then this happened.

Two Wild Pokemon at once? MADNESS!This is a wild two pokemon encounter, my first I might add... Could this be what Librarian was telling me about? Did he doubt my ability to fight two pokemon at the same time? I doubt it, given the number of times I've wiped the floor with him. Anyway, moving on!

It's likely sad that even in a new generation with new graphics, I can still recognize when a pokemon is using Harden, isn't it? Oh well, at least he leveled up my Yanappu, which is all that really matters to me. I reach town number two and I'm met on the train tracks here by Librarian, who wants to show me around the town... Or he wants me to walk three steps with him, then hand me a small pile of berries. That's cool, I can dig berries... As soon as I learn where to plant them.

And then I spot the Gym...

Maybe it's a Pokemon Courthouse. Or Museum. Hanging out in a Gym all the time has to get boring...
Or at least what I can only assume is a Gym, since it's the largest, fanciest building in town. As I attempt to go inside, I'm met again by our strange little friend, N.


N returns! Hey, at least you can recognize his name.
Yes, I think this guy might be stalking me. Him and his... increasingly odd Pokemon.


Don't know what an Otamaro is, but it's odd.


Dokkora has been studying jerky-fu under Ray Park for years.

Is that... lumber, or beef jerky? I honestly can't tell. Anyway, after the battle N starts to leave, then stops in order to leave me with an important bit of information.


...something about... understanding power? -Ed.
I'm really glad he told me about that, because I know I'll need to know it later on.


That's it for today dear readers, tomorrow I shall tackle the Gym! If any of my pokemon still know Tackle.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment