We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 8 (Now with 20% more museums!)

Cthulhu is a Pokemon!? Must be a Legendary.
It is not a Gym.

It is, however, completely awesome. Labcoat man takes me around the room and shows me the various displays, the most interesting of which I have photographed for you. This place has to be the best looking museum in any pokemon game to date. I'm actually boggled at all of the little things they threw in, but I won't go into great detail because apparently there's a giant ominous door here, and he wants me to go through it. Who am I to argue?



It's a Pokemon Gym AND a Museum! Awesome!Holy crap, it IS a Gym! That's even more awesome! Is this a Fossil Pokemon Gym? That's a great idea! Enough gabbing, I want to get to the gym leader and see what this guy can do!

I don't really have any idea what's going on right now... But I do know that I want to join this Gym.
I'm not really a Pokemon Trainer- I just like wearing labcoats.

Anyway, moving on!

This puzzle is confusing, and to be honest I'm not entirely sure what's going on anymore. I walk up to shelves and look at them, and now and then an exclamation mark will appear over my head to let me know that something happened which I can't tell what. One of the assistants will turn around at this time, and I may speak with them, and answer a question which may or may not get me attacked. Possibly something along the lines of, "Does my ass look big in this lab coat?" and the answer is yes.

Well, after what felt like an hour of wandering around and clicking on things, I decided to use the Scientific method for figuring out what to do... Wandering aimlessly, clicking on things, and then getting annoyed when people try to give me advice... Wait, sorry, that's the guy method of doing things, and as any guy will tell you, it eventually does yield results.

Yay, it's the Science Stairs of Doom!
Stairs. Just what I always wanted! So I guess I should head down and see what sort of evil awaits me...

Gym Leader!

Huh... that's not as evil as I thought it was going to be. Kind of cozy, actually. If this is what evil is like these days, sign me up! I will not make a comment about how this gym leader, according to the instruction booklet is of some sort of African of Caribbean decent, even though this is, I believe, the first official person of color in a Pokemon game. I will however mention that her hair is very silly, regardless of race, religion, or anime series.
Gym Leader Aloe. What has Japan wrought?
What have you done, Japan? What have you done?

So... that fight had a good deal more of me being beaten into a coma than I expected, but I did manage to pull it off by the skin of my Sqirk... Which sounds a lot dirtier than I expected. After the battle she talks to me for a moment, and I watch as the hot girl in the lab coat runs in, talks to her, and they run off like crazy people to do... something. I have no idea.
Team Plasma strikes again!
Of course it's the Knightly Order of Plasma. They're like ants at a picnic, or herpes sores, showing up when you least want to see them, and doing nothing but being a pain in the ass.

Team Plasma stole Cthulhu's head. Bastards!

Screw you Plasma, screw you!

That pisses me off, because even if this gym leader is a bit silly, that was the best looking gym I've seen in ages! I am going to make you eat that chain mail! I rush outside as quickly as I'm allowed, running into the gym leader and seeing... someone else, apparently. He has a "???" name, so I can only guess that he's either a good guy, likely a future gym leader or a "Bill" character, and he's telling us where Plasma went. After a moment or two more, the blond girl with hips that can span the Grand Canyon comes up, followed close behind by Librarian. I really hope this isn't a fight, because all but one of my pokemon are currently bleeding inside of their pokeballs.

Well, the old gym leader runs off and so does mister "???", leaving me with Librarian and Wideass. Thunder Thighs then gives me...

My katakana skills tell me this is the Dowsing Machine. -Ed.
Is that a freaking Giga Pet? Did it suddenly turn into 1996 in here when I wasn't looking? Oh well, I'm going to guess that it's the item dowser, and ignore it for the moment. Anyway, my buddies run into the gym after a moment or two, and I guess I should follow after them... But that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Check in again, we'll see this game through to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment