We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, October 15, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 10 (Bright lights, big tugboat.)

Caught this guy named Monmen right before I turned the game off last time, I named him Stach, short for muStache.

Monmen, the cloud mustache Pokemon.
Anyway, it seems that in these parts, trainers like to hide in piles of dirt, then jump out at you the second you start to pass by. This is nothing new, but the fact that they're all cowboys is... just odd to me. Meh, anyway, let's move on to trying to track down those Plasma Plebeians.


Who I finally find, sitting atop a hill, just waiting for me, like this is the most sane, natural thing to do... Some days I wonder what sort of criminal masterminds these people really are, but then I remember that this is just a kid's game, and I need to relax... That's Mystery Poke Theare 3000 for you.

Something that I just learned. It would appear that if your pokemon doesn't suffer from a status condition, they won't let you use a healing item on it that won't cure the condition. This is... it's just beautiful, man.

So I was able to beat the Plasma grunt pretty quickly, as all they had was a level 16 Squirk, but I didn't notice anything special for beating them. Guess I'll make my way back to the north path, and join the person who could very well be number four of the Elite 4... Then again, I doubt I would be encountering this game's Lance this early, so we'll have to see.

Lots of trainers on this route, I guess I should mention... That's cool, I like money and extra XP, so everything works out for me.

There's Mr. (Ms.?) Silly Hair again.
Well, no other Plasma people, but there's Mister Silly Hair waiting for me by the exit... Though now I'm wondering if he is in fact a she, because that would make the hair a good bit less silly. I attempt to talk to them, but they turn me away... I'm thinking it's a woman, now, but that's beside the point. I guess I've forgotten to do something important? Well, time to backtrack... everywhere.

Ahh, yeah, I missed a tree-tube to run through in the forest. It was dark, and the screen on my good old DS has been getting a bit darker lately. About time for a replacement, methinks. Anyway, I follow the tubes like the wooden internet, encounter one more creepy ninja cowboy, and run into another Plasma grunt. Is he the last one? Yes he is! And he had stolen a Dragonite skull from the museum! Creepy! Just as I'm done talking to him, a creepy old man comes up.

His name is... Asura? -Ed.
Lovely, now everything is creepy all around. He says something to the person, and then Bill/gym leader/Elite 4th comes up and interrupts as well. I'm so glad no one seems to care about what I'm thinking in this game, because they would probably back away from me slowly.

Ah! Now the second gym leader has run up and started talking to the other people. If we had a keg we would have a party on our hands, because I don't know about you, but when I see a drunk ten year-old, I know it's going to be one hell of a party. They talk at me for a bit longer, then sort of amble off unashamedly, not bothered by the fact that they just made a ten year-old boy do all of their grunt work... And why should they be? That's what kids are for, damn it!

In any event, the path out of the forest is clear so I decided to dash that way before they come back asking me to clean out their gutters or something.


Nice view!
I love this game... I love it so much right now, I just want to lick it... But that might corrupt my save, or at least void the limited warranty, so I don't.


Hey Roger, whaddaya call the middle of a song?
For a moment as I walk down what has to be the most stunning thing I have ever seen in a pokemon game, I briefly reconsider licking it, and settle on the screen since it needs cleaning anyway.

Gee, I don't know Benny-A BRIIIIIIIIDGE!

This is beautiful. Just beautiful. Words cannot describe how much the pokemon franchise needed something like this to kick a little life back into it, not that I think it's ever come close to dying. This is just a kick of love, from the creators, to the fans.

Lovely cityscape.
I love you, Gamefreak... Anyway, back to exploring!

Says something about Royal Isshu... Maybe Royal Isshu cruise lines? -Ed.
I came across a number of small things while exploring the main street that curves around the front of the city. The first is the ship pictured above, which I assume is something along the lines of the SS Anne, and I'll find a ticket to it later... The other thing that I managed to find was this.

The usual sightseer package: cross the bridge, see the harbor, get kidnapped...
When I spoke to the man waiting outside and agreed with what he said, I found myself being whisked away to parts unknown...

Find out what those parts are exactly next week! Smell ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment