We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 22 (A Grave Journey.)

Hooray! I've caught a liver fluke!

Shibishirasu, the Pokemon you need to see your vet about.
And yes, I'm calling him Fluke. Shibishirasu is his real name, just so we're keeping things clear.

I head out the door of the cave to the next town and begin my search. Is there a gym? Who knows. What I do know is that a few steps into the town, Mister Silly Hair is back and talking to me, and he seems to be with some sort of woman. I'm not sure what sort, but I suspect gym leader from her insane clothing.

Well, they seem to be asking after Prof. Bladdernut.
You really can't clearly make out the blue outfit she's wearing, but it sort of looks like a two piece swimsuit or something, which makes me think this is the water gym leader. Silly Hair also gave me something, and I don't know what it is.

Oh yes, and there seems to be an airport here as well.

Silly-haired man walks off and leaves me with the blue girl... don't Google that, please... Anyway, I begin to explore the town again. I don't have any clue what item I was given, but that's ok, I never do. Oh cool! They allow little kids on airport runways! Just like real life.

Man. Do you have to Find the Trigger for Every. Single. GYM!?
Ok, I'm changing my guess now, this is definitely a rock type gym... What? Oh! The airplanes, right! So as I said, this is definitely a flying type gym, as one can plainly tell. The problem is there's some asshole standing in front of it, so I must now journey to find the McGuffin.

I hope the controls aren't touchy for that...
Damn, I'm going to have to bike up that ramp, aren't I? Well before that I think I'm going to do a little bit of leveling before I go on, and look for some new Pokemon, if there are any.

Zeburaika, the Godzilla Zebra Pokemon. (Godzebra?)
I caught a thunder zebra, or Tebra. His real name is Zeburaika, evolved form of Shimama, son of Odin... No, that would be Thor. I always confuse those two things, Zebra and Norse gods. To be honest, it's a mistake anyone could make.

Damn!

I think I managed to misplace that Egg the professor gave me, after I found out what it did. It gives you an XP boost, and I'll bet I tossed it instead of equipping it... damn it. Well, I guess I might as well move along here.

It turns out the raised walkways that look like the biking walkways from... I can't remember... Sapphire? Anyway, you walk on them, you don't bike. I travel over it and... holy crap!

3-on-3 battles- Interesting!
I'm fighting three Pokemon at once! What the hell?! Interesting system, though. You pick which Pokemon you want to attack each turn, and that Pokemon is also the target of the enemy attacks, so they can't hit any others... Well, there are some group attacks, so they might hit all of them as well. The battle is over pretty quickly, and I continue my way north.

I continue to head north, not taking the path to the east since it looks like it would just lead me to the next town, and I spot this thing right here.

Tower? Lighthouse? Who knows? But Plot Point, definitely.
Yep, that looks like a plot point if I've ever seen one, but oddly enough no one has led me here along the way, or run up to me to tell me something vitally important... They probably talked to me in town or something, like the flying gym leader before she wandered off this way.

Well, no rest for the courageous, on I go!

Pants is on a mission of grave importance.
I think I just found the Pokemon Graveyard of this game. The music is subtly changes to sort of restfully creepy, like any good Lavender Town... I mean Graveyard.

Anyway, up the stairs I go!.. Ohh, that's just so damn pretty.

I always like a spiral staircase.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the graphics in this game continue to astound me. It's not a hyper realistic game by any means, but for Pokemon, I think that they've hit a new level of awesome.

Still, this is where I'm going to have to call it for the day. More tomorrow, as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment