We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, November 8, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 26 (And now for something completely different. A walkthrough.)

There are pools of water on the bottom edge of the town, so with my newly acquired Surf, I decided to take a look around for a moment or two.

Maggyo's subtitle is the 'Trap Pokemon.' Um.
Look at this thing. I'm calling him Dfish, which means Durp-Fish. It's really called Maggyo, but I'm not sure that even matters with a face like that.

Chobomaki appears to be the Mahi Mahi Pokemon.
I also managed to catch this guy, and he's any not better. I'm calling him Cliss, short for Clam Kiss, but Chobomaki definitely fits it better... I guess.

Moving on, I step foot inside of a house next door to what I'm pretty sure is the Gym for this city, and I'm instantly met by a crazy woman who rushes up to me at top speed, then drags me the house the rest of the way. I talk to her increasingly insane family for a few more moments, then one of those boxes pops up from the previous Pokemon games where you have to pick words like, "everyone happy" and "Wi-fi Connection," to unlock something. I think I picked the wrong word, but the man gave me an item of some sort for my trouble. I'd really like to know what happened if I had gotten it right.

Directly south of the Gym is what I think is a Pokemon fan club, because they asked to see one of my Pokemon, then gave me a TM for my trouble. I'm ok with this, and anyone that wants to give me a TM should feel free to do so.

Anyway, here's what I think is the Gym.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume this is the Ice-type Pokemon Gym.
Guess I'll go in and find out.

Yup, Ice Gym.
Oh lovely, another ice puzzle. The first thing I should mention is that when you take a step forward, there's a curved piece of wall that sends you skidding at an angle. I have a feeling that's going to be the gimmick for this Gym, and I've got to find a way to make it move.

One day, if I live long enough, JRPGs and Pokemon in particular will outgrow the ice puzzle.
Yep, pretty sure that I was right. This Gym seems pretty linear so far, and I don't mind that, because some times they can get overly complicated. Ice Gym in Ruby and Sapphire, I'm looking at you.

After you flip the switch you end up hitting another curve, and then having to fight another trainer, then go up a set of stairs to hit this.

Skijump! Wish he had skis...
Yes, it is a combination slip and slide ski jump, and it launches you over to the next trainer. After you beat him, take the ice straight across, then up, then to the right so that you're against the flat side of the curved thing you need to find the switch for. From there you'll want to head up, fight the trainer there, then head down and to the right.

That should put you here.

'Wow, this is almost like a real walkthrough!' -AngeliqueDaemon
Head to the bottom of the path and head left, which will bounce you off of the angled wall, and send you down to a platform directly below the switch you're looking for. Head up and hit the switch, then up again, to the left, and down so that you hit the curved wall again.

This will send you to another set of stairs going up, and another ski jump thing. From there head left on to the ice, then up, right, up, right, up, up to the platform with the trainer and switch on it, fight trainer, on to the switch, then head to the right and hit the curved wall.

From there you just head left, then down, then left, and up, and you end up here.

Frosty the Gym Leader is a happy, jolly Pokesoul.
Yep, that's a gym leader.

Judging from his clothes, Hachiku here must be half-Japanese.
A silly looking gym leader at that.

With the Icicle Badge, Pokemon up to Level 80, even those obtained in a trade, will obey you!
Tadah! Honestly, with a level 45+ fire Pokemon as the leader of your party, this gym shouldn't give you any trouble. All of the Pokemon here died in about one hit, some times one and then a dark attack to take out the last sliver of health.

The way out of the Gym is fairly straight forward, just head down and to the left, and there's a ramp that takes you right back to the start of the Gym.

That's it for today, just keep reading. Only one Gym left to go, then onward and upward to the elite 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment