We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, November 19, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 35 (In which our hero battles the Elite 4, and takes REALLY bad pictures!)

Alright, now I should probably stop and level my Pokemon but... to hell with it. I think I'm just going to run through, and see how well I can do. If so, I'll probably just tell you I failed rather than going through all of my failure twice.

Here we go! Off to the Elite Four!
Yes, this is the traditional "Once you go through you can't turn back, are you sure?" speech that we're always given before the Elite 4, but I am stupid/brave and intend to continue on in my quest to become a Pokemon master, which has been my dream for all of a month or more for all that I know about my character. I speed forward and... and...


Pick your boss fight! How very Mega Man.
And this is a lot different than I was expecting it to be... I think that I actually get to pick which person I battle first. Time for a D4 to pick my way! The magical die says I take the second door from the left, and I'm not going to argue with it. On we go!

The cake is a lie, but I can lie on this cake.
It seems that this member is on a giant birthday cake, oh goody! Can my fat ass beat him simply by eating his room out from under him? I wish, but alas it is not the case.

Here is our first battle of the Elite 4!

The Elite Four's Giima wishes his brother George was here.
I'm battling Liberace... well it doesn't matter to me, I'm not ready, so he can look like whatever he wants!

He starts out by sending out a Zuruzukin, which is the evolved form of Zuruggu, or as I call him, the foreskin Pokemon. My guess right away is that this is a dark type member, and I plan to keep my Enbuoo out in the hope that it gives me the edge for this battle.

Giima believes in the Waruvial that believes in him.
I may be in trouble... that Pokemon is definitely sillier looking than mine, and that's a sure sign of danger. I use my strongest fire attack in the hope that it kills him, but before it does he manages to get in a single attack that takes about ninety percent of my HP. I am pleased by the fact that I did gain a level, but I don't have long to be proud since he sends out a Lepardas, though I'm not very scared by it. The giant ball of fire I drop from the sky does it's job, and takes him out in a single blow.

Which leads to this thing:..

Kirikizan, the Pokemon you could be forgiven for mistaking for a Kamen Rider.
That's a Kirikizan, the evolved form of Komatana, and they're pretty tough little guys to be honest. I try my giant fireball again, and am startled and a bit bothered by it not killing him. Next round I try again, and am overjoyed that my attack went off before his. His Royal Sparklyness then rewards me with a giant pile of cash, and I take the teleport stone back outside.

Time for the magic D4!

It says door number four, so off I go!

It's always fun to visit Six Flags over Victory Road!
And in this corner, with all eight badges, the challenger: Pants!
Yes, this gym is an amusement park ride it would appear, but my guess is it's also a fighting trainer. That guess in hand, I'm putting my under-leveled Victini in the lead, and hoping for the best.

In this corner, the Fighting Master of the Elite Four: Renbu! LLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO MAKE OUR PETS RUMBLE FOR UUUUUUUUUUUUS!
Wow... look at that guy. He's so thick I think he might be part tree.

The first thing he sends out is a Nageki, which is a fighting type exclusive to Pokemon White. I use the move I'm pretty sure is Psychic, and to my regret it doesn't kill him in a single hit. He doesn't get a chance to attack, but the next round the first thing he does is heal. Another Psychic from me, and he's still not dead, which means another healing potion from him... dick. But I guess he's out of potions, because my attack got through and I took the red muppet out! The next one he sends out is the blue muppet, known as Dageki, but I luckily manage to take him out with two more psychic attacks, at the loss of almost three quarters of my HP. He then sends out a Roopushin, which is the final evolution of Dokkora, and that wipes the floor with Vic. Time for my Pgen to give it a shot! Fly proves to be my friend, but then he sends out a...

Kojondo, the Frieza's Pet Ferret Pokemon.
that thing. A Kojondo, which doesn't look that friendly... And just a little bit effete. Still, my Pgen does the job, and I take him out with little problem in the long run. Piles of money and XP and everyone is happy, then I move on to door number 1, since the die seems to know what it's talking about for once.

Yeah, seems Ghosty enough...

I'm guessing, and this is in fact just a guess, but I think this might be a ghost guy. It could be the creepy room, it could be the foxfire that carried me up the stairs and now floats around it in circles... but yeah.

Anyway, let's fight this son of a bitch.

Shikimi has been carefully crafted to cater to the following fetishes: Girls with Glasses, Bookish Girls, Girls with ridiculous collars.
Woops, looks like I meant daughter of a bitch. My bad, want to be PC and all... I so don't want to be PC.

Her first Pokemon is a Desukan, the coffin Pokemon, and I thankfully managed to take him out in just two turns without being harmed. Psychic is your... crap...

Goruugu, the Pokemon that would make an awesome giant robot.

That looks like it's going to be trouble, and awesome trouble at that. He uses that attack, I think curse, that slowly damages your enemies Pokemon in exchange for half of your health. That does make it easy to kill him. She then sends out a...

Burungel, the what-the-hell-is-THAT-supposed-to-be Pokemon.
Thanksgiving Day balloon... It's pretty damn strong, but I give in and sacrifice a full revive to bring back my Victini, which he killed in the first attack. A round of Psychic kills it fast enough, but then she sends out...

Shandera, the chandelier Pokemon. Neat!
A chandelier? Sorry, a Shandera. It does come fairly close to taking me out, but thank the gods for luck and stubbornness, because that's about all that let me get out that last round of psychic rather than try to heal Vic.

It's off to the main area, and onto the final member who is!...

If you're going to be one of the five best Pokemon trainers in the country, you should damn well have the right to live in Barbie's Dream Cave.
A pretty, pretty princess!... I somehow feel a little bit cheated about that, but I have no gods damn clue what type she's going to use, so I'll stick with Victini as my party leader for the time being.

Apparently this is Caitlin, formerly of the Generation IV Battle Castle!
I... still have no idea... Wait! That's a Rankurasu, who I think ais another Pokemon White exclusive! I don't know its type, so I'll try fire first. Success! At least in that it killed it, which is enough for now. She follows that up with a Musharna, who nearly kills me, but this tells me that this is probably a psychic trainer. Then after god knows how many rounds, and it's finally close to death, she uses a full restore... I really hate it when they do that. I really, really hate that. Several more rounds and this bitch keeps using full restores on him, and I'm ready to go down to Gamefreak and strangle someone to death with my bare hands. It finally takes out my Victini, and I send out Pigno who kills it, barely. He then takes the enemy's Shinpora out in a single hit, so I remember why I love this guy so much. She follows this up by sending out:

Gochiruzeru, the Pokemon that the internet will ruin for everybody if it hasn't already.

An EGL...Or Gochiruzeru, as its name seems to be, as it is the final evolution of Gochimu.

Thankfully, it goes down in two hits, and my Pigno comes out of it with a new level to his name!

And that's the last member of the Elite 4! But I'm not foolish enough not to know how this sort of thing works, we still have to fight a Champ, don't we?

Onward to Dr. Wily!
And yes, I'd say that definitely looks like the way to the Pokemon champ!

Join us next week wh... Did you seriously think I was going to do that? Probably not, as you can see the post is longer than that, so it couldn't end there... So, that was a poorly planned joke.

I wonder who it'll be... Probably the guy with the silly hair that was helping me, since I haven't seen him yet. I make my way up the stairs to the north of the room and I find the pillars and Roman columns a bit out of place, but still fairly nice looking. I guess he's at the top of these very, very, very long stairs... Sure would like to be at the top of these things... thank god.

Hell of a place to put the Taj Mahal.
I... seem to be battling this trainer inside of a Mosque... That's cool, I'll just go inside and...

N is saying 'It's over!' No idea why.
Oh, fuck you! Don't you ruin this for me, N!

N is assaulting the guy with cool/silly hair I think, and they talk for a lot longer than they have any reason to before N, being the stalker that he is, finally notices me and rushes up to me. That's about the time the city pops up out of the ground...

Yes, you heard me right. A city, pops up out of the ground...

Spontaneous City! I hate when that happens.
After it embeds stairs in everything that it can reach, N wanders off to go and be creepy at someone else. After that happens Cherren comes in and talks to the guy with the silly hair, and they both agree that it would be in the best interest of the world to send ME after a completely insane stalker with green hair... God I love you assholes... really.


Now here is where I'm going to have to call it, as I don't think that I can upload many more pictures, if any. we'll follow him next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment