We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pokemon Black - Day 38 (She is the destroyer of worlds.)

Ok, it's time to start exploring this... black... city... Which, if I'm any judge of these things, will either be called Black City, or Steve in the American release. Man this place is BIG!


Pants in the Big (empty) City.
Big... yep... so big, so interesting...

Evangelion boardroom scene or world's largest dominoes? I can't decide!
Is there seriously a fucking thing here? Well, after searching I can safely inform you that no, no there is not anything here. It is a big, empty, boring city that likely has something important about it that I don't know. Having been seriously underwhelmed by this place for the moment, I think it's time to move on to the north, and see what I can find. I make my way through the tiny tunnel, and step through into what seems to be the ghetto next to a shopping mall or bar where they send all of the smokers, because I can't see a goddamn thing.

Pants is having a Foggy Mountain Breakdown.
It's while exploring this area, going up and down waterfalls and looking for any really interesting loot that I climb to what I guess is the highest point, and see this... This has me perplexed, I will admit.

I'd like to invite you over for a duck dinner! You bring the duck. (Everybody forgets Wimpy had more than just the 'hamburger' catchphrase. I'm old! -Ed.)
Wasn't this guy one of the Plasma people? Like, the old guys that were trying to violate me on mass, but then people came in and stopped them? I'd swear to god it is, because I haven't seen that sprite used ANYWHERE else but here. I go up and talk to the old dude, and I guess he isn't a bad guy because he gives me an TM and talks to me for a bit. It's then that someone who I swear is the detective from Pokemon Platinum runs up and starts to talk to him, I'm going to bet it's about, you guessed it, taffy. They talk to me for a moment then the cop walks over top of him, then wanders off... Maybe he was a criminal? Who knows, maybe he was trying to seduce me, and I'm still a little kid so he was taken off to jail.

Moving on, I continue to follow the waterfalls and look for anything strange and interesting, when I come to a forest door/arch.

Archy! Mehitabel not included. (I am just FULL of the early 20th century pop culture references today... -Ed.)
There's not much here so far, aside from a house where you can spend the night and heal up. I do a bit of searching, a bit of battling some trainers, and search the area. There are a lot of useful Items, or I suppose there are since I don't know what any of them are, and also the trainers have a lot of Gen 1-4 Pokemon which will help fill a little bit more of the Pokedex out. I guess I should mention now that I've been running into a lot of older gen Pokemon in this area, and the areas before, but I'm not commenting on them since they're all Pokemon that we've seen before, and I don't want to make this thing too boring.

At the top of this area, I find something else that's probably extremely important, but I don't know in what respect, and talking to it grants me no useful information. It's some sort of small shrine like you see in the forest in HG/SS, and I think if you bring a Celebi to it something special happens. I guess I should find out and bring something here... but that's a lot more work, since I bet I'd have to bring some legendary I don't have. I head back to the previous area and follow it through, having to pass over many bridges and Surf a few areas before I reach... the ocean?

I seem to see the sea...
Yep, that looks like an ocean if I've ever seen one... and I did once, so I'm pretty sure I could pick one out in a line up. "Number three, step forward and say 'blubble blub blub floop'!" Because that's what an ocean would say if it could talk. That, or "Fuck you! I'm going to drown you all!" because the sea, she is an asshoole, as Jacques Cousteau would put it.

Moving on, I cross the small ocean only to find out that I could simply have walked around, and come to a small town that seems to simply be a Pokemon center and a couple of small houses. I figure I'll take a bit of a look around first and see if there's anything worth OH SHIT I'M DOOMED!

Cynthia!
That's Cynthia! She was a Pokemon champion from a previous game, and if they're having her make a guest appearance here, that means that she's going to be a rape monster that will ruin my day...

Her Japanese name seems to be Shirona.
... Mildly ok with that, for some reason.

But I'm not even going to lie to you and say that was a fair, or long fight... since I've started this game, I have not been wiped out once until this encounter, and it was in no way pretty how easy a task it was for her. I'm somewhere around ten levels too low for fighting her, so it's time to hit the magic reset button, and try again later. I search the town and fight a small child that seems to be armed only with a level 60 Buizel, or however it's spelled, and he takes me into his giant mansion. He seems to be telling me to do something, or asking me to do it, or perhaps simply looking off toward a side room and talking to me about what it might be like after puberty finally strikes him full on like a truck full of awkwardness. I enter the next room and find this...

Do you like my collection? ...Of course there's nothing in them! I collect glass cases!
Though there seems to be nothing at all to do here... well, I'm not going to fret about it, because I'm so out to sea at the moment, I think that I've found the Flying Dutchman. It looks like to the east of this town there are some sort of islands that I can got to, and there's more north that I can head to once I'm done, so that'll be the plan...

Tomorrow. Right now, I think I'm going to do a little more power leveling, even though it's driving me quite, quite mad. Have fun watching me go nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment