We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, December 27, 2010

Torneko 21: Tactics and Traps

Okay, only 6K left to scrape together before Nene-Mart can open its doors and drive all the small merchants out of business across the globe. Or whatever my wife's doing now. Let's hit it.


Oh, we're off to a FANTASTIC start. Even with a decent shield and sword a slug and two Ghosts damn near beat me to death in ROOM ONE. If I didn't come in next to a healing herb I'd be toast. ...oh, that's why: I didn't bring a shield, I brought two swords. GENIUS. But Floor 2 does get me a Dragon Shield +3, and I've already got the Plating Scroll to rustproof it. Everything's coming up Torneko.

On Floor 8 I equip what turns out to be a cursed Liquid Metal Sword-1, but it's equal to my Dragon Killer so no loss. And if I get an Oomph Scroll I believe restoring it to base attack removes the curse. Not sure.



And here's the Liquid Metal Shield, Defense Power 10. Nice!


But now I'm out of options so I'm gonna try eating this. It's Rotten Bread, and I'm not sure if it helps your Stamina or not. But if I don't I'll die, so down the hatch.

...not too bad, actually! It has the same effect as Big Bread except that I lose 5HP- not sure if that's current or max -and 1 Power. Either way, I'm alive!

I'm on floor 10, and hey, dig this:


I used a couple of the detecting scrolls, and there's a TITANIC Monster House here. I'm gonna loot it.


This is gonna be fun. I've got them single-file, and I have the piercing arrows that just keep on flyin'. I'm not sure how many things I kill before the dozen arrows are exhausted, but I finish off the Rogue Knight and Chimaera that are left with a combination of confusion herbs and swordplay. Not a huge reward, but a Buff scroll puts +1 on my Liquid Metal Shield and my Power is both restored to full and raised by another point. (Useful tip: if you're missing Power, save the Power Herb until you've restored it to max. It'll only restore one point of your missing Power otherwise.)

Then on Floor 12, I come in on another Monster House.


I polish off the Chimaera with a Fire Breath Herb, and everything else is basically inconsequential. I get a couple loaves of bread, another +1 for my shield, some Bang Scrolls and so many Medical Herbs I have to just eat the spares and raise my HP Max. A damn good haul, and one that should set me up for success tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment