We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Torneko 22: Which is also the floor I reach in today's post.

Okay, so I'm on Floor 13 and well-stocked. Let's go!


Once I'm down to Floor 14, I encounter another Monster House. This one might be worse, but I'm trying it anyway. I've got enough cash on me to meet quota, so I'm feelin' adventurous.

There's a Bomb Crag near the entrance that blows and takes out a lot of the stuff in the room but gets me an Oomph Scroll in return. As I hoped, the Liquid Metal Sword's curse is lifted! I do pretty well, Bomb Crags and all, and pick up a good supply of arrows and cash, and then I accidentally walk on a pit trap and drop to Floor 15. Eh, it's a net win. On Floor 17 I grab an extra plus for both sword and shield as well, and another set on Floor 18.


Another Monster House entrance for Floor 19. First up is the Bang Scroll and then we'll see what we can throw at them. I have the staff that changes a monster to another type, and it turns one of the Mud Dolls into a Warpy Lump. Good move since it kicks me out of the Monster House.


That's a Shadow. Not sure what it does but I hope not to find out. ...wait, maybe I do. One of the side effects of a Monster House is that it lets you see the positions of all the monsters on the map. I think these might be the invisible bastards that attacked me last week. I manage not to get killed by anything and get another +2 to my shield, and now I'm back to Floor 20 with 18,000 Gold.


Crap! This Mimic/Cannibox on Floor 21 looked like a sack of money and then just transformed! I wish you could see the animation when I hit it- it's cute. Then the arrows in the corner become ANOTHER Mimic. Between Octets, Golems and Mimics this floor is pretty damn brutal. I've managed to fight off three Golems in a row, but I have to use a couple of my better herbs to get through it. Tomorrow: Floor 22!

No comments:

Post a Comment