We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Torneko 23: HOW Much!?


Floor 22 is a big maze so far. I forget what these guys are, but he just lowered my Power max by 1. That earns him a Fire Breath Herb to the FACE. ...which is not enough to kill and costs me another point of Power. Dammit! But then I drop the beast, so all's well for now. I pull a stupid and attack a Gigantes when another hit would end me, but by sheer luck it misses. Pay more attention, Torneko.



On Floor 23 I fight a Silver Devil. They get two attacks a round and are worth 600 XP! It's worth it. I'm out of healing items though, so I've got to be extra-careful here and keep one hand on my Escape Scroll.


Speaking of, I come into Floor 24 on a Monster House. And something is odd- nothing is hitting me yet. An Octet confuses me though, so I'm spinning in circles smacking things as I go. I kill everything in sight, and I notice I'm standing on a scroll I don't recognize. I think that, as long as I'm standing on this scroll, I cannot be harmed. That's coming with me, natch. I use it later on the floor and discover there's a catch: once placed by Torneko it can't be picked up again. So I double back to the Monster House and grab the other one for emergency use. The kind of beatings I'm taking I doubt it'll take long.


This is Floor 25- again a new record! The music at least sounds Tornekoish again, but a bit sinister, so I should be concerned. Two floors to get to whatever the King wanted me to do.


Dunno what this guy is at all, but I'm taking my Herb before I hit him. I do, and he does 20 damage a hit. I run, but I get killed before I can get away.



Whoa, my house got NICE. This is obviously the second floor, and it's big. I've stayed in Inns smaller than this.

The girl's name is Lulu, and she's my son's friend. Play nice with her son, and if she asks you to go into a dungeon to raise money for a pet project, RUN. Though, at least this is a project I can get behind; It's a much nicer place to convalesce. So then a new day dawns, and I decide to check my new goal.


FUCK. Darling, do you KNOW how many Golems are going to play kickball with my pot-bellied self to get you this money? Could you at least tell me what it's for?

Honey?

Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment