We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Torneko 24: I'm too busy being dead to have MY midlife crisis!

50,000 Gold, huh? I never thought that putting my kid through college would mean building the Goddamn college myself. But if nothing else, my wife is now allowing me to take my bread plus three other items into the dungeon- it'll help.



Turns out I'm living above the big shop now! Not too shabby. There's an exit to town to the right now, which I'll take in a bit.


This guy's name is Mondo, and my wife seems to have set him up in our old house. No way to be sure, but I think he's telling me how awesome my wife is. I also notice he's built a lot like Torneko, only younger and blonder. ...should I be worried? I half expect to come back from the Dungeon next time and have my son calling this schlub Daddy.


Autumn this time? Fine. Let's give it a shot.

The Ikazuchi Staff I dragged along kills Magicians in one go, so I grab a couple easy levels starting out. Floor 11 is a back-and-forth with Bags o' Laughs- about five of them steal my money and I manage to track most of them down and take my money back.

I get down to Floor 19 and fight two Mimics in a row- good thing I had an herb. Plus I find another trick Mimics can pull- they can look like STAIRS. Nasty. Then on Floor 21 I hit a stroke of good luck:


I get the Escape Scroll, and there's a Monster House. Shall we?


I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but let's do our best. I head back to the hallway to take care of things single-file. And then I remember the Sanctuary Scroll in my inventory- you know, the one that prevents the monsters from attacking you? And the slaughter begins.

And ends just as quickly. The Bomb Crags, which thankfully are LAST in line- can still damage you and destroy the Sanctuary Scroll by exploding. So I just barely survive that and walk over a pit trap while looting the room. How far will I make it on Floor 22 with only 31 HP? We'll find out on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment