We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, December 31, 2010

Torneko 25: Year's End

Let's see, where did we leave off? My (Torneko's) wife has built herself a financial empire, literally out of Torneko's (my) blood, toil, tears and sweat. She's expanded our house several times and, once she was sick of it, built herself a loft above the huge shop I paid to have built in the middle of town. Or rather, she paid. With my money, but that doesn't seem to be an important distinction to her or anyone else in town. I'm almost certain the shop is named Nene-Mart. Meanwhile, there is a young, blond man named Mondo, a man of Torneko's approximate roundness who Mrs. Taloon is having "take care of" our old house. I have to wonder what else he's "taking care of" for Torneko. He/I am out beating up the horrors of the underworld and all I can picture for her life is The Real Housewives of Lance Town.

...huh? Oh yeah, the dungeon. I'm on Floor 22. Just to recap: I have no healing items, no offensive items but my sword and shield, and nearly no HP, but a lot of (mostly moldy) bread.


What I do find that helps is a Monster Locator Scroll. Should help me step clear while my HP regenerate. I also found some non-moldy bread, which is a plus. And I'm not sure I can get a picture, but there are Shapeshifters down in here- the one I just offed looked like a Golem, but could neither hit like one nor take a hit like one. And now I've walked my way back to full health, so we're good to go for a bit hopefully. Finally, PE teachers! A context where "walk it off" is a valid response!


Then a couple bad things happen at once: I run over a rock trap just as I run out of stamina, meaning every turn costs me HP. While I'm collecting my stuff, a Gigantes saunters up and hits me for 31 damage a turn. I gotta bail- Damn!


Not a bad run though, and this time I keep a +3 Power ring, a +3 Lirpa, and a rustproofed and Buffed shield.


A fair amount of the money needed, but it's gonna be a couple more trips. I expect to come back and find Mondo wearing my pants. (Though to be fair, that might just mean he's a Ranger.) So, back into the dungeon we go! Next year. (That being Monday- Happy New Year, one and all!)

1 comment: