We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, December 10, 2010

Torneko Day 10: Running out of Options.

I'm on Floor 13, and just ate my last Bread. Missing some health but not a lot. Only, like... a third. Nothing to be worried about, right? A little wandering gets that back to full and gets me two herbs- one has a description that begins with the word "Monster," so I'm sure not eating it. I think it's the confuse herb, whose name I actually recognized last time I got one.



This seems to be a corrosion trap- I'm pretty sure it knocked a plus off my Lirpa and/or shield. Forgive me if I don't go stepping on it again to be certain. That herb's a Power Herb- handy!


This congregation of Yetis is not exactly reassuring. Moving right along...


GAH! This thing does 11 damage a hit- hope I can come up with something clever to do. Let's try that 'Monster' -use herb...


It seems to be confused and runs away from me. Time to bolt!



Bomb Crags! Pretty sure they can self-destruct. After a few hits it just stops fighting back, so I try to make it out of the room. Luckily it's the room with the stairs, so I'm outta here.

I encounter one on the next floor that behaves the same way and I make it out of the room again, but with only 8HP. No healing herbs on me, and I'm down to 31% stamina. Looking bad here. Bomb Crags are getting to be the bane of my existence, as another tussle with one has me down on HP when I see this.



This is, most likely, a Monster House. Fabulous treasure awaits inside, and I'll be attacked by about a dozen critters. I'd love to take the chance but it's extremely impractical.


Not that it matters anyway, because this damn BOMB CRAG followed me out and beats me within an inch of my portly, mustachioed life before it gets to the "You should be running now" phase. I'm not tempting THAT much fate, thanks!

Or maybe I am. There was an alternate path in, and I took it...


...only to hit a warp trap first thing. Now all those monsters are active and will be coming after me. ...where's that exit, now?


...you're joking. IN THE MONSTER LAIR!? Oh well, I probably won't survive this Bomb Crag/Warpy Lump combo anyway...

Got away from those thanks to the Confuse Herb, but now I'm at 0% stamina. Time to eat herbs. ANY herbs. The Antidotes are enough to get me to 9%...



...and then this Chimaera beats me up. Well, Torneko, pick a scroll and pray.


Pray harder next time, buddy.


And here's my poor wife to drag my battered carcass home again. Yeah, she's getting a CAR this anniversary. Yes, I know it's Medieval Fantasy Sort-Of-Europe. I'll invent one. Or maybe I'll invent the world's most comfortable couch, where I will be sleeping for the rest of my LIFE.

The Taloon family has a pretty pleasant (under the circumstances) and, if I knew Japanese, very informative conversation. Then it's bedtime. A new day dawns Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment