We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, December 13, 2010

Torneko Day 11: A Short Life but not a Merry One.


...There's an old lady living in my house now. If that's my mother-in-law I am about to catch so much hell for continually dying before I can bring home any money.


There's a note on the bed that says something about 0G, and and 1000G. I suspect that 0G is how much I have, and 1000 is how much I need before I'm allowed to sleep there again. I'm not complaining, mind. My wife is stuck here in the shop, working hard and raising our son, and I'm out letting monsters beat me to death for free. I need to re-examine my career options here.


Of course, since leaving the shop means entering the dungeon, I don't really have any.

Oddly, I'm able to one-hit my first Slime. My stats are no better than normal but I seem to hit a bit harder. Not complaining. My first sword is of the Rapier kind I got a few posts back. Attack power 3, which will do nicely for now. I managed to use up half my stamina on the first floor, but I'm armed and I have a Big Bread. Good start.


A Turquoise Ring I snag on Floor 2 turns out to be- once I find an ID scroll -a cursed, Power-reducing ring. Glad I didn't put that on!

I use my Big Bread on the way out of Floor 3. Hope I find more bread soon or this is gonna be a short trip.


Even shorter if I can't figure out what to do about these damn multiplying liclicks. In the short term, the answer is "Eat a Zoom Herb and sit in a corner to heal for a minute." It puts me by stairs, so I guess that's the longterm answer too! Now I'm Level 4 on Floor 5- I like to be at least the floor's level in a Mystery Dungeon game, so I'm concerned. But it does beat dead. I find I'm having to use a lot of supplies: a Confuse Herb on a Funghoul, a Fire Breath Herb on a Mummy... it's all adding up, and quickly. A bundle of arrows I find should help me reduce the amount of damage I'm taking, though.

I ID a ring as being another Beautiful Ring like I had before and put it on... except the ID scroll forgot to mention that it's CURSED. Thanks a lot, ID scroll. I see why somebody randomly dumped your ass in a dungeon. Then, with no warning...


Monster Lair! I move back into the hallway so they have to come at me single-file. Two Medical Herbs and a pile of Liclicks later I manage to take them all out and go to collect my prizes, when I walk over a pit trap and fall to the next level. DAMMIT!



A floor below that, a Chimaera takes me out in two hits. I am never going to be able to explain this to my wife.

Okay, I'm really sucking at this. Tomorrow, we'll pick back up from Floor 13 and below, since that's the furthest I've gotten so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment