We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, December 17, 2010

Torneko Day 15: The workers are going home.


Hey, it's a Golem! It's also asleep and I'm hideously underleveled now, so it can keep sleeping. ...wise choice since one approaches me in the next room while I'm caught in a Bear Trap, and does 27 damage to me. Fire Breath Herb does it in, and it's worth a whopping 180XP. Hope I don't have to do that again...




I've found, by trying to attack them, that most of the statue-things are harmless. But there are some who attack, like this jerk. I'd like to be further from the Yetis when I engage, but what can ya do. It takes a strong healing herb to take him down but I get it done and slip out without waking the Yeti Quartet.


Next floor down I encounter a wooden doll whose proper name escapes me. In Dragon Quest they sap my MP, which I don't have here, so I'm concerned about what they could do. It's strong but not insurmountable, though I'd like not to be surrounded by sleeping horrors when I fight new things...


Speaking of which, here on Floor 19 is a Goopi! I think their thing is that they hold you still so you can't escape, but I'm not sure yet.

...and then, like an idiot, I mistake my Riremito Scroll for my Remira Scroll. Instead of seeing the floor I exit the dungeon. But! I made it out alive again and I have 10000G and a mess of items to my name. My wife will be pleased.


Hey, it's the king beneath that text box! Looks like the new town is done. And the King says something to me about the 27th floor of the Dungeon. Sounds tricky. But interestingly I still have all my items! If I can start keeping things and take items into the Mystery Dungeon with me, I should be a lot better off.

I talk to my wife and it's nappy time. When we wake up she asks me a yes/no question or two that I answer Yes to. I hand her a bunch of items and I think she's put them in the vault for me. If so, I'll probably withdraw some and drop them- common stuff I can do without until I find it again. Except it looks like I can only take one extra item back out at any time, so that's gonna be tricky. So I take the 750G ring whose purpose I don't know, and head once again for the Mystery Dungeon.

Monday: Join me as we shoot for Floor 27!

No comments:

Post a Comment