We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Torneko Day 17: A New Ring and a New Record!

Okay. So, my wife's running my shop, and now she has a bar. Isn't it going to be a tremendous drain on her time, as a busy entrepeneur, if she's having to nurse my portly, bludgeoned ass back to health every other day?

What I'm suggesting, honey, is that it'd be better for the business all around if I took an early retirement.




...No? FINE. I'm off to get hacked to death by Chimaerae so you can open an airport, or whatever the hell it is you need 20,000G for. On the upside, she now lets me take two items out of the vault, so I get to start with a half-decent sword and shield this time. Yay!

I decide to take the main road out of Lance Town this time, which takes me to a spring or summer-themed Mystery Dungeon. The foliage is green, anyway. And I'm a bit concerned that Slugs and Drackies are taking two hits to kill WITH a Power 6 sword at level 1.


In case I haven't mentioned it before, this is the Ikazuchi Staff- it fires pretty potent lightning shots at the enemy. Good to have on hand!


New Sword! A Dragon Killer, native attack power 5. This is a +1, so it's equal to what I brought in. I think I'll use it- it looks neat. So far this is looking like a good run. Don't know if it's a Floor 27 run, but I've got good gear, an Herb, and tons of bread.


On floor 12, a new ring! It raises my Power stat by 3. If I can find an Antidote Herb and get my two missing points back I should be yet more formidable.

By the time I hit Floor 18, I'm underleveled (14), out of bread, and surviving primarily by the vast number of Fire Breath Herbs I've collected. I do catch a small break on Floor 19 though and get the aforementioned Antidote Herb- it's 3 points of Power I need by then, but I really can tell the difference when they're restored. And a pit trap puts me to a new record: Floor 20!

Tomorrow: let's see what's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment