We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Torneko Day 19: The Grand Tour(neko)

I sit in a corner to heal and eat a small Bread to get my Stamina back, and then move on. I'm doing okay, but unless I come across some more healing and/or Fire Breath herbs I have my doubts about withstanding five more floors of this. Hell, I have my doubts about THIS floor.



I use a Zoom Herb to get away from a Cyclops and end up trapped between a pair of Octets with only of my 13HP remaining. Damn, no choice left but to bail.


I didn't get to Floor 27, but that was a DAMN good run, if I do say so meself.


I only need another 6600-some Gold to get to the next goal. It'd be less if I knew the difference between the dialogue for putting things in the Vault and selling off the excess. Oh well, could be worse.

But since we're back in town, let me show you around a bit.



Here's the inside of my wife's bar. They seem to serve some good grub here too- I see a lobster, and I see some nice looking drumsticks. And yet all I get is bread. Lobster doesn't keep in a Mystery Dungeon, or so my wife would likely have me believe.


The bartender, whose official name is "Barten," greets me with a jaunty "Hey, Boss!" We both know this is a lie. It's not my name on the bar and I'm not the one running it, even if it is my money that built the place.


I can't make out anything these people say beyond the fact that the second little girl is a Minidemon in disguise. That strikes me as bad... but since I'm reverted to Level 1 outside a Mystery Dungeon, what the hell am I gonna do?



There are vast Weapon and Item shops, bigger than my store ever was, and our house no longer features a storefront. I'd better be getting a cut of all this. They also refuse to sell me any better gear to take into the Mystery Dungeon. Is this on my wife's orders? Is she trying to kill me? Is she sick of nursing me back to health? She's sure not sick of the money I'm bringing home. We're going to end up on Ye Olde Morreye Povviche, I just know it.

...ahem. I think I'm spending too much time in the dungeons. For all I know poor Torneko's going so stir crazy that he's trying to strike up conversations with the Golems as they try to kick his ass. I think he- and I -could use a bit of a break. So we'll all meet back here tomorrow and see if Torneko can retain his sanity as he returns to the Mystery Dungeon!

No comments:

Post a Comment