We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, December 24, 2010

Torneko Day 20: Worst. Death. EVER.

Alright, time to head back in so I can pay for my wife's car dealership or whatever the hell. I don't think Torneko is Ignorance, but his wife is totally Want.

Heh heh. A Dragon Shield +5 is enough that I'm taking 0 damage from slugs and Slimes. I'm doing pretty well outside of needing bread. And a sword. I have found plenty of healing herbs and Sleep Staves, though, so I'm holding up. Plus I run across an Escape Scroll, so that helps too.

...

I just pulled an incredible stupid you guys. I'm dying of hunger, and letting my HP run down before I take an Herb to get my HP back to full and my Stamina back to 5%. And I run facefirst into a Chimaera. It does 10 damage to me, leaving me at 1HP. Now, I have a Sleep staff, so I decide it's smarter to put it under first so I don't lose 10 of the HP I'm going to the trouble of restoring. So I put the Chimaera to sleep.

Except I'm starving, and every turn costs me 1HP.

You can guess what happens next.


This is absolutely the STUPIDEST way I have EVER died in a videogame in the history of ever, and here I am recording it for posterity. I lose my kickass Dragon Shield and my Power Ring. There's other goodies in the vault, but that was so. Damn. DUMB.

6000 Gold left to get for my wife to start franchising Nene's Bar in other towns, or something. Monday!

Sorry for the short post, but there's cookies to bake and presents to unwrap here at Flailthrough Headquarters. Merry Christmas to everybody celebrating, and have a good weekend one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment