We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Torneko Day 8: Ten Floors, Sixteen photos, way too many Liclicks.


Here we go again.


The dungeon isn't being particularly kind to me this time- no weapons or shields on floor 1. Well, arrows, but they're of limited use. Better than absolutely nothing, though.



On floor 2, there's a Magician blocking the door. I'm gonna hit him with my ten arrows from across the room, because I literally have nothing of value to lose.

Success- surprising! It only took four arrows to off him, and I find that these are the piercing arrows. Down to floor 3 now, still no weapons, but I've grabbed a Bang scroll.



Score! +3 Pointy Shield!



More wandering reduces my Stamina to 0, which turns the status letters yellow and means I lose an HP with every step unless I eat. Time for my one and only big bread. But now I'm on floor 4, with no weapon and only an assortment of herbs to eat (each of which only gives 5% Stamina). My life expectancy is not looking so good. But hey, I found another Lirpa!



A Liclick, or possibly another name I forget.



They multiply when you hit them. I take out about four before they stop splitting long enough to finally die.


In the same room there's a rock trap. If you walk on it you trip and drop stuff, but apprently the one staff in my inventory prevents this. I forget whether this game has jars like Shiren the Wanderer does but if so, they can break when dropped. A bit further in I survive another Mummy attack, and find a Buff scroll that gives my pointy shield another +1.


At the end of floor 5 I have 23% stamina and very little to eat.


This is an Arrow Trap- guess what hits you when you step on it! I did myself a bit of damage trying to capture the arrow in flight but never did get a decent picture. Apologies, everyone!

Okay, 3% Stamina. So now it's time to try random herbs. Starting with this one...


...which, as it turns out, does this:


Items are unidentifiable bouquets, and all the enemies look like Torneko. By the time I wait in place until the effect has worn off, I've lost the Stamina I got from it. Next is this one:



It gave me +2 Max HP which, since my HP was full, probably means it was a restorative that would've been much more useful once my Stamina had already run out. Time to just move on for a bit, I think. As I'm doing that my stamina, predictably, runs out. Time for the Zoom herbs, then. Hopefully they'll take me someplace good. ...All three herbs later I'm next to the stairs with 13% stamina. Good enough for now.


Bag o' Laughs! Should have money- and it's asleep, so I move across the room to ply it with arrows. ...and fall down a pit to the next level. Crap!

Nose to nose with another Mummy, no less. It nearly kills me, so out comes the Bang scroll.



Success! I live, with 4 HP to spare. Fortunately there's a Medical Herb one room over, so that gives me fair health and a sliver of Stamina. Next I encounter a Warpy Lump, which warps me next to a Bag o' Laughs. Which steals all my money and then warps away. On the upside, the room to the north has a loaf of bread, so I'm back to 51% Stamina. No sign of the Gem Bag, so I abandon my money and press on to the next floor.

Nothing spectacular here. A Bikill scroll reinforces my Lirpa, a Chimera damn near kills me, but drops a Big Bread in the process. So now we're to floor ten.



Not as icy as last time, but just as good a time to leave off until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment