We don't always like being nonplussed

Sunday, January 16, 2011

And now, I take on a challenge.

There was a slight hitch with today's post of Mother, and that hitch, to put it bluntly, is Jeff. I am thrilled to have a new party member at this point in the game, because it is getting harder and harder to move along entirely by myself. On top of that fact, he should allow me to beat the enemies I do encounter with much greater ease...

This is however not the case, as Jeff, my good and loyal insane explosive nut, happens to be level 1. After spending the night and most of the morning leveling, I have managed to raise him to level 10... this is still ten levels behind our hero, and he is getting killed in two or less hits by most monsters that I encounter.

So, it is now that I ask you, the readers, a question that will allow me a bit of time till next week when he will be ready to go.

What game do you wish me to play next?

Now, at Flailthroughs we pride ourselves in the fact that we only play games that we own a copy of. Not that we stand against the concept of roms, we just think that it's a little extra touch that makes the playthrough that much more interesting for you, because we cannot use many aspects of an emulator that would make our posts a simpler task. Or at least that would be my opinion on the matter.

I have here a list of some of the games that we could do next, and have decided that we will allow you to decide what it is that you read.

Presented in groups of three, they are,

Chrono Trigger: a game which I have not played since I was around 15, and remember almost nothing about.

Final Fantasy IV: another game which I have not played since I was around 15, and remember a fair amount of... However you may remember that the FFIV we had in the US was the "Easy Type," because they didn't think that Americans would like a hard game.

Final Fantasy V: a game which I have never played, and know nothing about. Could be interesting if you ask me, but then again I'm here for your opinion.


Seiken Densetsu 2: also known as Secret of Mana, a game which I have no memory of ever playing, but am assured that I have.

Dragon Quest V: which I have never played, but am told is quite good. I've never played much of the Dragon Quest series, so I actually have no idea what it could be about, or how the system works.

Dragon Quest VI: ditto, but this game is to be released in the US on Valentine's day, and could prove useful or hilarious with how much I get wrong.


Down the World: a game which I purchased because the auction description mentioned battling clowns at the bottom of a Ferris Wheel... This is as good a reason as any, if you ask me. Also, the main character is named Mervil.

Elfaria 1: which I have done no research on at all, but it is worth noting that it was created by Hudson Soft... yes, it is an RPG as far as I know.

Elfaria 2: the sequel to the first game, and I know just as little about this as the first, except that it is a sequel.




These are your choices, my friends, so pick which one you would like to see me flail my way through next.

Come on! Make me suffer for your entertainment!

3 comments:

  1. Final Fantasy V or DQ V.
    DQ IV at a pinch I love playing it with no idea of what will happen so I probably won't read your blogs about it until after I play the game...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, fair enough. Though I'm not sure how much we'd even be capable of spoiling...

    ReplyDelete