We don't always like being nonplussed

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mother (earthbound 0) Flailthrough - Day 4 (Chimp-Furniture! The future in household mauling.)

And I return once again, my good readers!

Along with my return comes another moment of, "What the hell do I do now," which I am forced to answer with a resounding... buh? Because I have wandered everywhere, and done everything I could think of that would trigger... something...

I used to call this part 'Find the Trigger.' TVTropes calls it hunting for the Plot Coupon.
And then I found it, I think. It looks to me like this... park ranger, in an office building in town... Anyway, he asks me a yes or no question, and then the girl who for the moment I'm going to call Ronald walks out from behind me... maybe he asked if I wanted beans? Anyway, she walks away and I speak with her, lord knows what I say, and then say something else. It's at that point she gives me a thing, I don't know what... and we stand there... and nothing... Wee!

I'm going to miss Ronald after all of our travels together, but long story short, I wander around the room for a short time like a mouse in a round habitrail, then discover the man behind the desk also gives me a thing... I have two things now! Possibly even three, since I have no idea what's in my inventory... But now at least I do have a suspicion of where I should be headed, which is more than most could ask for.

That looks more like a cemetery fence than a zoo fence to me.
That's right, the mother freaking zoo! (Please note, we at Flailthroughs do not condone the act of going to a Freaking Zoo, let alone with your mother. A standard zoo should suffice, and provide an educational experience.)

My hopes are already high because standing in front of the gate is a monkey, and as we all know monkeys only lead to good things... Good things and poop. Either way, fun should be had by all!...

I think I scared the monkey, because it took something from me, then ran away into the zoo. It's a sad, sad day when our little chimp brothers can't walk hand in hand with us through what to them would be a giant frightening prison full of predators. A sad day indeed.

Five years ago I was a four stone apology. Today, I am two separate gorillas.
Oh dear gods, some madman is half-way through converting that Gorilla into an ottoman! OH GODS AND IT'S ANGRY! ANGRY AND STRONG! IT IS POSSESSED BY BOTH THE STRENGTH OF AN APE, AND THE INNER RAGE OF A FOOT STOOL! WE ARE ALL DOOMED!

Seriously though, it was a pretty tough battle, and it was just a standard enemy, so I'm not too sure how well this is going to work out for me. Also, while I'm on the subject, tigers are dicks. Strong ones, too.

... I think I'm starting to see why this zoo failed, though.

Still looks more like a cemetery to me. -Ed.
See the cage up top? Note the broken holes in the fence, where something large came through it... Now look at the cage below it. Same fence, full of bunnies. I'm no expert in the matter, but I think that if you're going to build a zoo, you should use a different enclosure style for alligators, tigers, gorillas, and bunnies. Some should be taller than others, and maybe a bit stronger here and there. Some could be a bit smaller, like on the bunnies, since you don't have to worry about them EATING PEOPLE ALIVE.

Ok, my rant is over for the moment, sorry to drag you all along on that... Really I'm not, though. I think the slow and steady erosion of my soul is what a lot of you tune in for, and I'll keep it coming.

You might think AngeliqueDaemon would be offended by these comparisons if you didn't know her.
This one could be a lot of trouble... I've never liked elephants, and this one looks enough like my girlfriend's mother that I'm pretty sure it'll have a poison attack of some sort, like a VD. Thankfully though, I am wrong, because much like my girlfriend's mother this turns out to be merely a roadblock that bitches constantly but in the end does no real harm to anyone, aside from boring you.

Seriously though, I don't even know where I'm going in this place. It's set up like some sort of backwards ass maze, and I'm a lab rat of some...

Maybe they trap the larger, more dangerous predators in cubicles.
That's a pretty big office building in the middle of the zoo... But at least it answers my question, "Can I have some pie?"... or where I'm going next.

Well then, good news! It's a suppository.
And that seems to be to a giant floating blue gel cap. Good, the annoying sound of digital crickets that fills this place has given me a headache that could kill Ottoman-gorilla.

Touching this Starman will make you the precise opposite of invincible.

Or I was wrong, and it's a Starman, if that's what they were called back in this game.

He is pretty tough, and I use up most of my PP taking him out. I've got to admit that I'm quite happy the annoying noise has stopped, but as I head back out of the building I note that there's one cage, with a different sign on it, that was empty a moment ago that now has a monkey in it... that was a long damn sentence. I check the sign, and it plays something that sounds like someone tried to circuit bend a cat. And no, I do not mean any kind of electronic cat toy.

This accomplished, I have no idea what to do next, or where to go... So I think it's a good place to end it for today. We'll have more tomorrow!... Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment