We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Romancing Saga 2, Day 4: Of Bees and Trees.

I take the party up the stairs in back, since I couldn't access those before. Looks like it's the royal chambers.


We have a nap in what I assume is Leon's bed, all five of us. That's an RPG convention that always bugged me as a kid, primarily for space reasons. Growing up has only made it weirder. I'm assuming that Leon isn't actually the king now, since his room is off to the side of the big one with the red carpet. I guess the real king is away? Or is this a Steward of Gondor kind of deal where Leon's family is watching the store for a few milennia while the actual kings are off living in the wilderness or some crap? I hope it's the latter, the opportunity to slide into madness and set myself on fire would be awesome.


New location on the map- something about a Watchman. Guess that's where we're going! But before we do I forgot to show you:


This is just a tiny corner of the full worldmap, a map I wouldn't be surprised to see change every so often given the timespan of the game.


It's a new cave full of flower-bugs! Which turn out to be a tree and a snake attacking together. Another easy fight, reinforcing the idea that this is the introductory chapter.


I'm using Gerarl's Fireball spell to raise his levels in Foom. If I'd timed the shot right you'd have seen how the fire color palette brings out the otherwise-undiscernable face on the tree-things.


For this we get a mace or somesuch that has a higher attack than Gerarl's sword. I'm focusing on him, because as the ruler pro tempore's son with probably the lowest stats in the group, I'm figuring he's a lock for the next lead character I'll control. The fact that he's at the back of the Imperial Cross formation is another clue: if our enemies are bound by the same rules we are, and melee attacks can't hit the back row until the front row is worn down, this puts Gerarl at the most protected point in the party.


Leon's Light Ball spell, for good measure. James levels up his sword proficiency after this fight, and Therese gets some much-needed HP. Her LP never came back, so I'm gonna have to be REALLY careful about that. Or maybe squeezing five people into what looks like a twin bed isn't all that restful, which wouldn't precisely shock me.


Woof. Turns out Bees have a stinger-ability that does 100-some damage in a turn, and poor Bear goes down. Worse yet they tag him with it twice more, so he's down three LP. Good thing he has a lot of them. There's got to be a way to restore LP- I just have to find it.


Ah, it's a multi-floor dungeon! We'll tackle the next floor tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment