We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Romancing Saga 2, Day 6: Uh-Oh.


We get back to town, and the guards are unconscious or dead.


Victor's face-down on the ground. Not good. He does the blinky-death thing I associate with 8- and 16-bit games, and we flash back to his showdown with a demonic swordsman.



He does damage I'd consider great compared to most of my party, but the demon steals all his LP and leaves.


Gerarl mourns in his father's room- or maybe we all slept in Gerarl's room the other day -while Leon decides to consult with the shrouded one. This smells of a setup. Leon comes to get Gerarl and we're a full party again. I run around and do the talk-to-everybody thing, but no events are seemingly triggered.


We stay at the inn, figuring that not having five people in one bed will be healthier, but still our LP do not return. Eek. I buy Leon a shield, and wander around some more.


I found a new part of Avalon town! It seems to be a graveyard, and a big one at that. I can't find a way into the lower part, so I guess it's time to head out of town.


Looks like we're headed to a distant town by the name of Sormon. Or Somon.


Short trip. The place is swarming with monsters. REVENGE!! First fight in, Therese learns to fire a volley of arrows. I WILL capture that lightbulb going off over somebody's head. This  I swear.


Important discovery: being hit from behind throws you out of formation. Gotta watch that. Therese nearly drops but perseveres. Have I mentioned you get all your HP back between battles? It's nice. Everything in the town is locked down- good policy when you're waist-deep in demons.


This is the first of the two bossish-looking units to the north. Think I'd better pull out some stops here. Maybe not all of them, but a majority of stops. Neither group is anything we can't take out in one round if we try.


This looks to be the mayor's mansion, and I'm betting that's where all the trouble is. We'll find out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment