We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, January 28, 2011

Romancing Saga 2, Day 7: I miss the cutesy Dragon Quest Mimics.


The mayor's manor is, of course, also swarming with monsters.


Leon takes a bad hit from that winged skeleton thing and I discover something: hitting R allows you to choose defend. (Luckily the Defend command comes up a lot in Super Robot Wars, so I know what it looks like.) He lives, but Therese goes down and takes a second hit while she is. Current LP: 5. Hoo boy.




There's a treasure chest in the corner, and it is a Mimic. I'd wear a treasure chest too and become a Mimic if I looked like that.


I finally catch the lightbulb and James finally learns a greatsword technique!


Which would be cause for celebration if the Mimic didn't wipe us the hell OUT. Oh well, Therese has 2 LP back now. Let's try all that again! Maybe without the Mimic.


The side entrance to this room, though guarded by dogs, meant I could pick off the nasties one by one instead of running into all three facefirst. I'm going to open those chests- right after I save.


Note to self: the one on the left is the Mimic.

One nice thing I learn is that healing items bring people back from the dead, so if you don't heal someone in time it's not a waste of a Potion. 

I also learn that the Mimic has a one-hit-kill HP-absorption attack. We win, and James keeps his new technique, but it costs Bear 3 LP and Gerarl 1. I don't think we can quite do that. Upon loading like the cowardly cheater I am, I find a secret passage in the fireplace with two more chests to try.


One has 200,000 more Crowns for Avalon's coffers, and the other has a gem named after the town. It raises magic power supposedly, but only has 1 defense. Leon's got a bauble that does all that already, and Gerarl's busy having a half-decent defense, thank you. When I come back out of the fireplace the enemies have respawned, so we fight them all again.


One of the skeletons is now this skeletal thing. Dinosaur? Jaguar? Dunno, but it's significantly harder to kill and did Bear damage even though he blocked an attack with his shield- a first.


That dragony-looking thing is pacing the floor, guarding the stairs. Let's kill it!


Two Jams, huh? Easy stuff. Luck of the draw, I guess. It's a bit of an anticlimax, but we'll venture upstairs Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment