We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, January 31, 2011

Romancing Saga 2, Day 8: Success and Succession are two different things.


Upstairs are more monsters, of course. We got one of the winged skeletons and the beast skeletons together, and Bear lost 3 LP. He's once again down to 7 same as Therese. Meanwhile, that kick attack that does damage even when you block did 56 damage to Leon when he blocked. Rough fight.



This is more like what I expected from the dragony thing downstairs. I don't know any of these monsters. They like killing Therese though. Current LP: 6. This is starting to feel like the world's slowest game of Yu-Gi-Oh!.


Two more chests! Time to save and open. The one on the right's a Mimic. Time to load and grab the Lionhead, whatever that is, out of the left one. Turns out it's a helmet, Defense 3, that is conducive to Axe-users if I read the symbols correctly. Or maybe it's strong against Axe attacks. Either way, I let Gerarl take the 1-point hit to his Defense in case it is useful to his Macing. Therese can definitely use the extra defense. In a fight with some Buffalo, James finally learns a Greatsword technique, and since we're not bleeding out our precious, potentially-irreplaceable Life Points fighting a Mimic, he can keep it! Meanwhile Therese loses another precious, potentially-irreplaceable Life Point on a beast-skeleton, taking her to 5. Should've played my Trap Card.


There were monsters in the beds here. The chest on the left is 150K in Crowns for the Avalon treasury. (Did I mention how I figured that out? Last time I was in Avalon one of the people in the castle asked me a question involving 750K Crowns, and when I picked the top answer, my personal budget was back up to 10,000. So I'm pretty sure the money I'm getting from these is going into the Avalon budget. Also, guess what the chest on the right is!)


Let's see: zombies to the left of me, skeletons to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with dwindling LP.


I thought the zombies would be the easier fight. I suspect that I was incorrect in this assumption. Okay, possibly not, but the Bone Biter- the thing at the top -nearly killed Leon in one bite.


These wererats aren't too big a deal though.


That's... that's a ghost? Oh, THIS should be a fun fight.


Actually none of these are that awful. They can drain your HP, but they go down pretty fast. Leon went up a rank in Shininess and James and Therese both go up a rank in their weapons.


Now we've got a monster to contend with, and he is sitting on a throne and surrounded by bones. I'm thinking "Boss."


As I expected, it's the demonic swordsman who killed Victor. Revenge is at hand!


We're doing alright to start. He bathes us all in fire, or possibly Pepto-Bismol, which poisons four of us.



Then he uses this attack, "Soul Storm,"  or possibly "Soul Steal," which kills Leon, and very sad music starts to play.


Back to the castle, where Leon is very weak. He asks me a question where the answers are "Yes, yes" and "Yes." I pick the former, and he chews me out and starts talking about a legend.


And so Leon dies, and Gerarl is the king/steward/primary dumbass of Avalon.


He goes out to address Bear, James, Therese and, I think, Henry? Not sure. Okay no, it's Hector. The remaining party members form up, and from the martial-sounding music playing I suspect we're not done yet. We'll find out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment