We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, January 7, 2011

Torneko 30: It might be safer in the Dungeon.

At the end of Floor 18 I'm out of Arrows and Bread, but up to 4 Escape Scrolls. If I don't find bread soon I may call it- I've got some great stuff I don't want to lose.



There is a MAJOR Monster House here. I'm trying it, but if the odds don't go my way I'm out.
By sheer miracle, all the Bomb Crags die without exploding. The rest takes some Fire Breath Herbs and light trickery, but I make it out with a big pile of Gold and head for Floor 20.


On floor 21 I'm confused and low on health, there's an Octet and a Bomb Crag pummelling me. Time to go.



Looks like my son and his friend are digging something. Foundation for Nene-Land? Don't know, but Lulu seems to be bossing the kid around. Get used to it, son. Get used to it.


And now my wife and I are at the bar, seemingly alone. Is it date night, or is she financially secure enough to finally serve me the poisoned drink I'm sure she's been pondering for a long time now? Because I've been pondering drinking it.


Yes/No question. Well, down the hatch...

I answer yes, we talk a long time, I answer yes to something else, and then my wife says (I think) that she has an Idea. Uh oh. We talk a bit more, she seems to tell me I'm wonderful and gives me a kiss. Fade to black, the "good morning" music plays, and we're at home. I would say Bow Chicka Wow Wow here, but I cannot for the life of me imagine Koichi Sugiyama using a wah wah pedal. That's more of a Nobuo Uematsu thing.

My wife puts the good stuff in the safe and sells the rest. She says something about the numbers 60 and 4. No clue what she's talking about there.


The note on the bed is devoid of numbers. Is my servitude finished? If so, all that remains is Floor 27. We'll shoot for that Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment