We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Torneko 33: The (Something) of Happiness

I'm even with the floor again levelwise when I head down to Floor 17. Then I take one step onto a Pit Trap and I'm a level behind on Floor 18. Ah well.

And behold: Floor 27.

The floor and walls ripple with magical energies. The music is a sad, slow variation on Torneko's theme, very heavy, almost churchish sounding music. I'm going to find what I came for and get the HELL out.


It is the (Something) of Happiness! I guess the King and my wife wanted the same thing! I think the King gets it, though, because HE probably won't celebrate by giving it to Mondo. A quick Escape Scroll and we're gone! ...Except the (Something) of Happiness interferes with the Escape Scroll. We're walking back. 27 Floors.

FUCK.


I'm attacked by a REAL Green Dragon this time, which can attack you with firebreath at extreme range. The damage is less than half the bite though, so I take it out for 3030 XP and hit Level 20. Maybe I'll make it out after all. The floor is trying to screw me over pretty bad. I kill ANOTHER Dragon, fend off a bunch of Bomb Crags and Octets, and then fall down via Pit Trap to 28 when I'm right next to the REAL stairs after fending off a Stairs-Mimic. Luckily I'm also right next to the stairs on 28, but damn this is gonna be a rough trip back.


I only make it two floors. I'm all out of tricks- not a damn thing I can do about this. I had just enough time to put the (Something) down and Escape with my good gear. Goddammit. But at least I kept my gear, which is signficantly better than the last time I went in. Next time, we'll have the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment