We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, January 17, 2011

Torneko, Final Chapter!

The next run doesn't do it- not enough Bread. And have I mentioned that when you trip over a rock and drop a Sanctuary Scroll, it activates it and you can't pick it back up? It does. It's really annoying!

Next trip, I get my hands on the (Something) again. Then I fall down to 28 in a room with an Octet, two Archdemons, two Mystery Dolls, and a DRAGON. I fight valiantly - and smartly enough to put the (Something) down first in case I had to bail - but. I had to bail. NEXT.
I'll tell you this: there's nothing quite as heartwarming as watching EVERYTHING on the first three floors do zero damage to me. By the time I hit Floor 26 I'm level 20 and can fell a Dragon in 2 hits. Lookin' good.


 Well, they can't dump me down to 28 this time! This is auspicious. One lovely thing about holding the (Something) is that your Stamina is 100% the whole time you have it- nice! I have a near thing with a Green Dragon, but after that it's reasonably easy to get up to where the biggest problem is Bomb Crags. I find on Floor 14 that I can one-hit Infernal Armors now.


3...
2...
1...
(It's nowhere near this suspenseful for me- nothing on these floors can even HURT me.) For the record, my stats at the time of victory:

And so a new day dawns. Naturally, my wife demands I open the (Something) for her. And lo!



It's a music box! The music washes over the town- it's a pretty tune, but we can usually count on Sugiyama for those.



As the credits roll, I set off to show it around town and convince everyone how awesome I am.



I get a kiss from this girl- don't tell my wife.Actually, you know what? DO.



The assembled throng at the bar congratulates me on my victory.

My boy's struck water! Lulu will charge 5 Gold a glass now, and he won't see a copper. You just watch.


Come on kids, we're going to see the king.


Of COURSE my wife's here. There's credit to share.

Torneko places the Box on the altar, and gives the V sign for...


VICTORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment