We don't always like being nonplussed

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mother (Earthbound 0) Flailthrough - Day 13 (Suddenly, bugs! Bugs everywhere!)

And starting off this session, That Guy has no idea where it is he should be going! Seriously, I think I've been everywhere by train, but I can't really be sure of that at all, since I don't really have the brain power to memorize a giant pile of katakana. Some of you might be thinking I should look at a guide, and some of you might be thinking I should just take a picture of the names or something and mark them off as I go to them. Don't be silly! That would be the smart thing to do!
What I've decided to do now, is follow the train tracks and see if I find any towns or stations that I've missed, which will also give me a good chance to level! I started out in the first town with a station, then headed east along the tracks, planning to let the ADD kick in so that I can explore for interesting things to show you along the way.
And I find something about ten feet out of the station, so this is looking promising. At the very least, you may get to hear about me being murdered by ravening hordes of squirrels, or something like that. Nope, it'll be this instead.

Everytime you say something inappropriate, the internet invents a new fetish for it. It's like angels getting wings in It's Wonderful Life, except the opposite of Wonderful.
What in the dick am I looking at? It looks like some sort of scorpion with labia for a face, and if that isn't the fuel for my new nightmares, and someone's new fetish, I don't know what else is. And dear god, the labia scorpion is powerful! It's doing between 20 and 30 damage a hit to my companions, and we have to resort to actual fighting before we can kill it, (aka items I don't know what they do, and PSI powers I don't know what they do) but it is worth a good bit of XP.

I think I've found where I'm supposed to be, actually. Well damn, that was freaking luck... or maybe I'm not supposed to be here, and that's why the scorpions are tiny gods of death?

Go look up 'Whose Line Tapioca' on Youtube and watch the first clip. Colin Mochrie is great.
Either way, I don't know if you can quite make it out through the horrible scan lines, but that is definitely a desert, probably, or spilled tapioca.

But also in the long tradition of Nintnedo game enemies, we have the famous:

Are you sure it's not just a player 2 pallete swap and it's not any stronger? Maybe that's the Ken UFO and Straightened Paperclip Man?

Palette swap foes! That's right, they're red now, which means they're bad ass and will kill you with no remorse! They were actually pretty good at doing that to begin with, so my party ran like whores when a cop car drives down the block. In all directions at once, hoping I wouldn't be the one getting caught. That out of the way, I guess we'll head east into the desert to see what we can find, but also this attacked me on the way:


Hey, it's Pre-Production Art C3P0 and R2-D2!
Staying and fighting was my first mistake, and my second one was actually beating them. See the thing that looks like a suit of armor with boobies? That thing does between 30 and 40 damage a hit, and managed to kill off Paula in the first two rounds. The little bipedal TV with a radio active warning sticker for a face just heals itself, constantly, then EXPLODES when you kill it, and does a massive pile of damage to everything around you.

End result?

I guess ghosts are better than coffins to lug around when party members die.
I'm pretty sure the cow skeleton is there because it was killed by one of the TV things.

Continuing east I come across what I guess is some sort of oasis, but I can't hear Wonderwall so I'm probably wrong about that. Assuming it is, much like any oasis, it is complete with all of the natural wonders including grass, a tent, likely that of some traveling nomad, an Abrams tank, and a biplane piloted by the Flash.

But the Flash doesn't need a biplane any more than God needs a starship!
Seriously, I always wondered if he did anything on the weekends, and the answer is that he goes insane and lives the life of a hermit. He also seems to offer a list of services, and something with the number 10 in it, so I decide to take him up on what ever costs five dollars... Come to think of it, the creepy old guy in the mountains was a hermit too, kind of...

Oh! I see what it is!

Maybe it's a pedal-driven biplane.
The old guy offers me a ride on the plane! I get to see the area, and I sort of make out two things worth note that I have no way of getting a picture of. One is a cactus that looks like it has a nose, the other is a large set of ruins, which I tried twice to get a picture of, and failed. It also looks like he leaves... something in my inventory... What the fuck is up with this game? I mean, I'm told the thing the old man left was mouthwash, now, but this:

The power of Google informs me that this item, 'chiketto no hanken,' is a Ticket Stub.
could also be anything, and that makes me nervous... Anyway, I have to get Paula healed up, because there's no way I'll survive out here for long without her healing, so I guess I'm headed all the way back to the cloud kingdom again. This is starting to become a habit, but I guess at least I know where everything is between here and there.

... and the item that sends me back might have just broken on me... Oh goody! I guess I'm going to have to walk back to the town before the station, and hope I get there alive.

Wish me luck, and I'll have more tomorrow!


Post Script.
Christmas-themed scorpions with dainty white gloves? Sure, why not.See these guys right here? They're assholes. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment