We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Romancing Saga 2 Day 10: You remind me of the babe.


Wow, the Goblin Camp looks pretty damn busy.


Those seem to be called "Lord of Frogs," and they have some pretty vicious stunning attacks. Henry's taking a lot of damage- I end up putting Bear back in the lead. He's pretty darn hardy these days.


It's essentially harmless, but that vegetable thing looks like it's just DARING Mario to yank it up out of the ground. A subsequent monster drops a shield called the "Target." It offers no defense bonus and an 18% chance to block. The shields my people already have offer a 45% chance plus 10 Defense. What's the point?


The thing in front is called a Knight, and it seems to be a well-armed lizardman leaping out of a scroll or picture. Hardy, but not super-dangerous. We're learning a few new techniques as we go, and we're managing not to lose any LP yet. Encouraging! We get a Goblin Sword to go with the Target Shield, and it's just as pitiful. More Crowns for Avalon, I guess.


Nothing we haven't beaten before, but this group was disguised as a pile of bones on the floor- tricky! At least it's not a Mimic. Beating this crew breaks some rocks that were blocking my path, and leads me to a second skeleton on the floor that attacks me. Henry finally loses his first LP, but I'm not sweating it.


Hey, treasure chests! Let's see if they kill me.

Nope! One has 100K for Avalon, and the other has the Elder Bow, which goes to Therese and boosts her attack by 4 points to 11.


After a rather long series of battles and wandering, we find a stone formation that's guarded by three Goblins. The first two jump me, but this guy stays put. Let's try him out.


It's the Goblin King! Wow, Labyrinth totally lied to me about his looks. Okay, let's fight!


He has one nasty attack called Final Strike that looks like a Final Fantasy Flare spell and hits everyone. As the graphic implies though, it singles out Henry who takes 200-some damage. Ow. But, we win, and we've cleared out the Goblins. Looks like it's time to return to Avalon, so we'll do that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment