We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, February 4, 2011

Romancing Saga 2 Day 12: Vengeance!


So here we are again. Did I mention his name is Kujinshi? Because it is. There are two composers on this game, and if Nobuo Uematsu didn't compose this boss battle music I'll be shocked. It's got a nice strong bassline like most of his Final Fantasy fight music.


He tries his Soul Steal attack, and nothing seems to happen. Did Leon give his son some kind of protection against the attack? Also, I discover that healing items also cure poison- handy!


And Kujinshi goes DOWN. Hah! He fades away from his throne, making a truly neat, deep sound I didn't know the Super NES could even make as he goes. We get some narration and then flash forward to what I'm pretty sure is a year later.


I'm assuming Avalon has been peaceful in that year, as Gerarl has clearly had some time free to work out. The person I'm talking to goes to make some preparations, then comes back and I think asks for a million of Avalon's 1.9 million Crowns. So I fork `em over, what the hell. Maybe there's a bit of sim to this game as well?


There's this guy in Henry and Mary's room, a blond pallette-swap of Henry named Louie. I'm assuming this is Henry's son who will no doubt replace him in the next generation or when Henry runs out of LP.


And here's a pair of fighters I managed to miss last time who are named John and Liza. First time we've met.


Out in the town, the kids who shout "Kyaa Kyaa" and "Wai Wai" haven't aged a nanosecond. I guess the key to eternal youth is saying nothing but simpleminded catchphrases. The woman who plays Pikachu is probably younger now than when she took the part.


There's a new area in the lower-right corner of the map that seems to be called a "Barren." Should be fun. This seems like the perfect place to stop for Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I admit, I love that there is this intimate knowledge going on of bass lines and composers and Final Fantasy boss music and that's awesome. Kids will always shout "Kyaa Kyaa" it seems, but will we always have the convenience of palette-swapping? Hm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering that myself: how far can I push the system until it stops providing me with replacement party members? Interesting as that might be, I don't particularly want to find out, if I can help it...

    ReplyDelete