We don't always like being nonplussed

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Romancing Saga 2 Day 14: Meanwhile in an alternate universe where I suck less...

There are a couple skeletons guarding the stairwell of floor 2, but nothing we can't handle. Gerarl's running low on MP since I've been spamming Lightball, but it works, as his Shininess goes up to level 7.


The top one is a Werefrog, and is one of the most get-off-my-lawn monster designs I've ever seen. They have some kind of group-stun attack, which James simultaneously devises a defense for! Nicely done, James!



It's a river of slime! They seem to be called Dinobubbles. The next group is something else entirely and staggers Bear.


Aw, somebody left their Metroid out in the sun and it's melting. It has a lightning attack that goes through the center row like a hot tentacle through butter, doing 200 damage a hit. Bear's down 2 more LP taking him to 4. Getting worried.


The Metroid wipes us the hell OUT.


But instead of going to a Game Over screen, the music from Leon's death plays and we go to a list of people. I pick Aries or Alieth, the second down with blue hair.


 Like Gerarl before him, he's bathed in white light and receives all his predecessors' powers. Okay, so that's how that's gonna work! It's a neat concept to explore in a game like this, the idea that you can die at any time and the world will go right on without you. But... interesting as that is, I'm resetting now. I can't lose all those people and their skills and items just like that.

Gosh, I wish I'd saved since we entered the Cave. Oh well, more fighting to do. Come back tomorrow for the return of Gerarl!

No comments:

Post a Comment