We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Romancing Saga 2 day 16: Worse than Metroids

Carl the Samurai may have been telling me something about the area I got TPKed in Tuesday. If he was mentioning Floor 2, that's where the Metroids live.


However, I still intend to check out Fort Pile o' Kanji first.


Very forty. Lookout tower and all that. Music here is totally Uematsu.


The building to the left is a bar, looks like. This guy's asking for 20,000 Crowns, and I'm gonna be dumb and say Yes. Or what I assume to be yes, which is the first one. Guy hops and spins, the Official Squaresoft Dance of Joy. And then he runs out.


I head out and find my way into the main fort, which is guarded by monsters. Let's try it! They ask me a question as I approach, and I answer with the first option.


I'm thrown into battle with this group, which features the basstastic boss music from when we took down Kujinshi. I smell a reset coming on!

It goes as poorly as I expect, but some interesting things occur: the enemies have Therese's group arrow attack and Gerarl and Bear both learn a defense against it. Gerarl finally gets his first Mace technique and Bear picks up an awesome sword tech. None of which I keep, because we are all dead and I reset like the big baby I am. I sure the hell hope I get that Mace thing back- it's pretty powerful. Also, interestingly the enemies keep respawning and the door has HP. Once we're stronger I suspect we should be aiming for that instead.

So my next idea is to go back to the Metroid Cave and see if Carl is going to help clear the place of Slimes and Metroids in some way. Nothing's changed on Floor 1- oh, except that Bear is knocked down to 2LP on the way. THAT's distressingly new. If Bear dies, I guess I go back to Avalon and recruit a new tank. Maybe one of the two armored blond folks I discovered recently. I'd rather keep Bear, but I can't just reset every time one character loses an LP. Even I have limits on how far I'll bend the rules. But nothing has changed down there either, and so I bite it courtesy a Thunderslime and reset AGAIN. Bear I may not spare, but a whole party? Absolutely.

Tomorrow, I think I'll check up on Avalon and make sure all's well up there. I clearly need to level some more before I can do anything down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment