We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, February 11, 2011

Romancing Saga 2 day 17: Pray for a True Peace in Space!


Back in Avalon, I now seem to have the option of getting up at night when I sleep in Gerarl's bed- not sure if I mentioned that before or not. An empty, lonely place is Avalon castle at night. Even the beds are empty; only the guards remain.



Town's abandoned too. Creepy. Graveyard?


Nope, not a living soul. I guess I'll try leaving town. When I leave and come back it's daytime, and it's like nothing happened. That was pointless! On a whim I go to Sormon, to see if Kujinshi's flunkies are around to beat on.


People! Let greet them! Let me tax them! They talk about Kujinshi a lot- he'll probably become one of those tourist attractions people talk about for generations. But otherwise they don't have much useful for me, and the weapon shop sucks currently. Watchmen Cave is empty as is the Goblin Camp, and the first cave is still sealed by order of Good King Leon. So back down to Nibel I guess. Talk to everybody again and see if I can find some kind of trigger or better gear or SOMETHING.

 But no. And nothing at Carl's House o' Discount Kung Fu either. Nothing to do for it but level-grind like monkeys at the mouth of the Monster Cave and power on through, looks like. Since Bear doesn't do much damage with a longsword but also has a barehanded tech, I decide to level him up in Punching. Since Carl's a martial artist, maybe that'll help with the Slimes since he refers to this place.

And suddenly we all start learning stuff. Gerarl gets his mace technique from the failed castle-storming. Therese gets an arrow tech called Beast Slayer, and James learns a new greatsword technique. This might be the break we've needed!


New enemy on the first floor, name of Nosferan. Good thing I saved after we got most of those techniques because it wipes the floor with us. It may as well be a bloody Metroid.

Speaking of! Gerarl's new tech does jack shit to the Metroid, but Lightball does okay. James' new technique does really well. We take down one with only Gerarl and Therese losing an LP each. She's down to 4, like Bear.


Now it's just down to this. Let's go!


One Metroid, no backup. It's possible.


YES. Gerarl and Bear (Current LP:3) go down, but we're finally onto the next part so it's worth it. Monday, we'll see what the Metroids hid!

1 comment:

  1. The Avalon night thing works if you go to the weapon shop, enter in the fireplace and later jump in the roofs. Search in the left there will be a window to enter.

    ReplyDelete