We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, February 14, 2011

Romancing Saga 2 day 18: ZA DORAGON

The music stays on the "Battle Won!" theme after the big fight, so I'm hoping this means those Metroid-esque slimes won't be back. There are monsters in the next part of the cave though, so I save and put myself on guard. On the upside, Bear's (ahem) barehanded damage is increasing steadily. Seems like he grew back one LP somewhere too- maybe I miscounted due to all the resets?


It's called a Halloween, appropriately enough. Not really notable in terms of power, but it looks kinda neat. The rest of the monsters in here are basically of the same calibre: not pushovers, but not Electric Slime Metroid Things either. I find a Nibel Gem in a chest, very much like the Sormon Gem that Leon found. Still not sure what these do. Then we encounter a Nosferan again, but since we know to go all-out I'm hoping for a better outcome this time.


I don't get it. But I do learn that Gerarl's mace technique does hit, and hits hard, which I didn't expect as floaty as it looks. Next time we'll likely win. In fact, we do, since next time this group randomly spawns a group of candy-ass Zombies. It was guarding a chest with 90,000 Crowns.


And now we have two stationary guards. Neither of them even necessitate the use of Skill Points. But the very last enemy:


More of Starfy's disgruntled family, and one of the Gargoyles that wrecked me back at Fort Pile o' Kanji. They're the last thing in the cave so we're definitely pulling out all the stops now. It takes only four turns, and Gerarl and Therese (LP: 3) go down, but it's not too bad. Gerarl's mace tech does nothing to them, though- I'll remember that when we attack the fort.

So that's it! The cave is clear. Time to visit Carl, I think.


Carl, AKA The Dragon, attacks Gerarl one-on-one. It takes two hits from Gerarl's mace technique to finish him. Carl says... something, and as I leave I notice all his identical martial artists are gone. I check out Nibel, but nothing's untoward there. The couple at the bar's talking about Avalon now, though, so I guess I made a good impression. Or maybe I conquered them! Tomorrow we got back to the Fort to see what's up.

1 comment:

  1. Not verified yet, but i think he insult you if you defeat him with weapons.
    To get a good response (possible recruitable???) you need to defeat him with bare hands.

    ReplyDelete