We don't always like being nonplussed

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Romancing Saga 2 part 21: Trouble Bruin.


The Skeletons guarding the doorway include this pallette-swap-plus-wings beastie, conveniently grouped with the original sprite. Bear loses his penultimate LP to its poison breath.

There is nothing but enemies in those rooms. And then we fight the same group on the way out.



Bear is DEAD. No stats, nothing. He's just gone. Time to get the hell out of here and lick our wounds at Avalon castle. I have an alt-save, so for now I'll just trust that there's a way back into the fort.


This is Liza, who seems to be a Fencer. I've recruited her to take Bear's place... and I'm pretty certain I've made a mistake. She has a lot of HP but very low defense. It's respectable once I've upgraded her to a greatshield, though. And to double the tragedy, Bear's gear is also gone forever.

Our informant friend is back at the bar outside the fort. He asks for another 20,000 crowns- damn, boats are expensive! Better get this right this time. At first I try to make Liza the brawler I've always wanted... but then I notice she has ranks of about 13 in every weapon EXCEPT unarmed combat. So screw that. If she doesn't learn some good techs soon, though, she's not keeping that rapier either- it does crap damage. She's got a lot of skill points too, if she'll just learn something to do with them! Henry is losing a lot of LP so far- he's down to 5.


Whee, another round of "Is it this door, oops no, I guess it's this one, now I have to fight everything again," the best game EVER. Liza finally dies for the very first time, and it's actually the same kind of monster that killed Bear, so I'm satisfied with her tanky properties so far. Damage-dealing will come up at her next performance review if things don't change.


I just wanted to bring to your attention that that rabbity-thing is officially a Wumpus. One thing that Liza is very good at is learning countermoves for various special attacks. If her primary role is to be the tank, which is my plan, this could be extremely useful.


Paydirt, I presume! We'll take these on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment