We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, February 18, 2011

Romancing Saga 2 part 22: "For Bear!" Cried Our Forebears.


And now, we face the man I presume to be the leader of the group that took our beloved Bear and his equally-beloved ATK 19 longsword from us. The boss music plays and he makes reference to Kujinshi, the swordsman of Somon who killed Gerarl's brother and father. It is SO on now. How on? So on that I need to take a magic marker and make another setting on the on switch, past on, marked On+.


The only one I think we may not have faced is the bottom one, whose name is PyroRex or something along those lines. Sure enough it's the one who takes out Liza before she can act, doing 230+ damage. But the rest of the team drops it in a turn. The rest of the enemies follow in the next turn.


Then we get some text narration (in Japanese, of course), this picture of the map that I hope means we successfully annexed this territory, and a screen I think says "250 Years Later."


The fact that I'm choosing a new lead character seems to confirm this. At the top and bottom of the screen we have men named Fritz and Orion, and in between them we have women named Amethyst and Shirley.


Looking at the stats, I think I'm going with Fritz there at the top- he looks kind of bizarre, being a palette-swap of ZA DORAGON and all, but he has 14LP, the most of any of the potential characters. I assume I'm choosing a successor here, so I want the hardiest character.


A second after I hit the Capture button, Fritz is hit with the same beam of light that Gerarl was so long ago, strikes a pose that should be accompanied by Macho Man Randy Savage shouting "AWWWWWWWWW YEAYUHH!" and inherits his forebears' skills. He's alone in the party, but come Monday we'll remedy that, and explore Avalon circa 1252 AD!

No comments:

Post a Comment