We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, February 21, 2011

Romancing Saga 2 part 23: Getting the Band Back Together


The upper levels of the castle haven't changed. The treasurers inform me that Avalon's got over 2 million Crowns in the royal treasury- hopefully inflation hasn't been too bad over the last couple centuries and that's as good as it sounds!

Looking in the vault is interesting- all of the weapons of the last generation are here- even Bear's sword! Excellent. And then there's the consumables department:


That, my friends, seems to be an item that restores LP. And I'm gonna leave it here for now, as I don't want to use it unless it is absolutely necessary. The consumables are otherwise what I had before- must be a well-refrigerated vault for THAT kind of shelf-life.


Avalon's military has made some real strides in the previous centuries. They've created new party formations, and those guys up in the corner seem to be able to teach you any technique that has previously been used OR used against you. So now Fritz knows a second Mace technique that I don't remember seeing before, and Bear's barehanded-based no-cost healing technique. Nice! So now we see who we can recruit:


Here's Amethyst and a man named Sagittarius. I saw her stats beforehand; she's a spellcaster and I assume he is too.


That's Orion and someone named Side, who was apparently Orion's first wife in Greek mythology.  I think they're both soldiers.


Charles and Agnes, descendants of Henry and Therese I assume! I see him mention a bow, which was one of their specialities, so that makes it more likely still.


That's Shirley on the right, and on the left is Richard. They're James and Liza's family I believe.


This guy looks a lot like Bear. His name seems to be Walrus, and even if he weren't descended from Bear I'd recruit him for that ALONE. After that, I go back and get Amethyst, Richard, and Agnes. So with the exception of Fritz and Amethyst, we're looking at a team of pallette swaps of my original crew, and I'm fine with that. I grab them the skills of their ancestors, and everybody learns Bear's healing trick- we'll save a mint on potions. Amethyst has no weapons profiencies- she's a straight-up mage. Interestingly enough, Agnes has 2 ranks of Shininess! Might be useful. We get them their ancestors' gear out of the vault, and head into town to hope that blacksmithing has come a long way in 250 years. We'll find out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment