We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Romancing Saga 2 part 25: Bad Diplomacy


Interesting building style here in Morbelm. Is that slate siding? Haven't seen that before. The equipment shop is run by a pair of bickering brothers, and they do have that fancy sword that Walrus got handed down from Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-Grampa Bear. Also a real axe but Fritz's mace is equal to it in power- and as a hand-me-down from the great King Gerarl, I can't see just tossing it aside now.


This boat is boardable, but I'm saving that for until I've looked around some more. The big building in the center of town is a pub, and I poke around for information. If anybody has told me anything useful I missed it.


Now this house is interesting: there's a doorman, and clearly a lot of people meeting in the inner room.


I try to go in and the doorman stops me. He says something presumably nasty, we exchange words and he ushers me out...



And Fritz kicks the guy to death! He spins, blinks and vanishes and Fritz strikes his Macho Man pose as if to say "I am the best breaker-and-enterer in the history of Ever!" I think I'm going to like Fritz. He will start many interesting wars for me to sort out. I get up to the door, and eavesdrop on the people behind it. It seems like they're plotting something.



Once they figure out that a crazy monarch has kicked their guard to death, they justifiably freak the hell out. I mean, to the point where they bounce out of the room, sideways, through the WALL. I wish I'd gotten a better shot of the madness.

I look around town to see if I can find any of the wall-walking conspirators, but no dice. They've gone to ground, so I guess it's time to look at the boat.


This guy belowdecks has a three-option choice: the bottom one seems to be Cancel, so I'll try the first one now. Which gets me a second dialogue tree, and I take the first one there too.


Okay, so he's a Viking. And Fritz and company see their first combat! The Viking goes down super easy, and we get the persisting victory theme. I guess we won the boat?


I walk Fritz up to the wheel, and he says something. Then we set sail. I guess we did win the boat!



We end up here, in this rocky area. We'll figure out why I'm here tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment