We don't always like being nonplussed

Friday, February 25, 2011

Romancing Saga 2 part 27: Run Away! Run Away! (Part I)


So here we are. I guess I'll fight that zombie-lookin' dude and see how much trouble I'm in.


Not much, it turns out! This group ice attack only does 20-30 damage a person, and Agnes learns a new Rapier technique called Matador right off the bat.


This room is interesting. That red rock looks like an item to me. But it's actually a pit trap that dumps me in a room full of Slimes. The first group's not so bad. The second group has a Metroid-thing, the kind that killed Gerarl many, many times in alternate dimensions. (I just like the idea that every time you load your game you create an alternate dimension.)


And we create another one right now. Back in Tifarr, I'm a little frustrated that this place is killing me too. I have the best gear the previous generation could get their hands on, and their best skills, and I am struggling.


And on the way out of town I notice that there's now a path to the much-discussed Haria area.


Which is crawling with nasties, including Hellhounds. This may be about the level I've been looking for!


The middle thing is called a "Fly Manba," whatever that means. But Moon with Silly Little Bat Wings is unwieldy. It's got a lot of HP but isn't super-dangerous. That thing in the upper left knows the lightning attack that made the Metroid slimes so formidable, so if you see these take it out FIRST. Walrus loses his first LP, and is down to 12. I get the feeling Amethyst was the favored successor this generation, as she doesn't have a lot to recommend her otherwise. She's got two schools of magic, but starts with something like Rank 2 in both of them, and no other proficiencies and no Skill Points. She could really benefit from Gerarl's Mace-fu. But I'll be damned if my monarch's gonna have 8 measly LP. I suspect she'll end up one of those characters who is really strong if you grow her correctly, but what are the odds of THAT happening?


This is a Grasshopper. No really, that's the name. So if you ever say something about a grasshopper and Japanese people run away screaming, I guess this is why. Except for an attack that does 150 damage to Walrus BLOCKED, it's another hardy-but-not-apocalyptic enemy. ...Or so I think with the first one- the second does 558 damage blocked with that same attack, so these are now a go-all-out enemy as far as I'm concerned. But Fritz learns a new mace tech, Double Hit. So that's a plus.

Monday we venture deeper into Haria!

No comments:

Post a Comment