We don't always like being nonplussed

Monday, February 28, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Run Away! Run Away! (Part 2)

Or not, for now: a pair of Hellhounds were enough to wipe us out. Since I have the options of sailing to a couple places back in Avalon I think that might be worth checking out. Basically I'm going to bounce around until I find a path that doesn't end in our wholesale slaughter.


Back home, I find a new path in town, off to the left. Pretty sure this building wasn't here before...



...huh. Okay, let's try the Green Eyeball room first- it's likely the least murderous.


Hey, it's Sagittarius! `Sup? Apparently he can teach your people a couple Air magic spells, Wind Cutter and Air Screen. Amethyst knows them, and Fritz still needs to bone up on his Foom and Shininess, so why burden him further?



The same mages are in all three rooms. Turns out the colors are of the schools of magic: green is Air, yellow Light, red Fire. You can assign spells here the way you can assign skills in the training hall. Neat! There are rooms in the back for Earth and Ice spells, but since nobody's learned those magics yet there are no spells to assign. Also, look at the creepy way the eye squints as I walk through the door.


Down those stairs on the left, the music gets creepy and there's a much bigger staircase. Annnnnd I save.


It's sewers! Will there be rats? I bet there's rats. I get the Fog-of-War bubble around the Fritz as I dash, so it's definitely a dungeon. But there's nobody here, and there's this abandoned bar in the middle of everything.


The door on the far side of the bar repels Fritz, so I try other options. Another door leads to a secret exit in Avalon castle's prison. Then I find an exit into the shop in town, and then one that leads into an underground part of the graveyard. But that too is an - ahem - dead end.


I swear this wasn't here before. Is this where Gerarl was supposed to go when he woke up in the middle of the night and I didn't know about it? It's entirely possible. Either way, there's nothing to do down here now. So now that I remember that the boat to Douglas or Miles is in Sormon, we'll go there tomorrow and see if either of those places are less murderous than Haria or the cave outside Tifarr.

No comments:

Post a Comment