We don't always like being nonplussed

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Romancing Saga 2: Coming to Terms.

Some of the ants down here can do 600+ a hit. Amethyst is down to 3 LP. Worrisome. And by the time I start to find my way down here she's down to ONE. Richard's got two. I hate to reset for less than a TPK, but my resources are limited here.

Speaking of resources, I find two chests with money for Avalon as I go: one for 90K and one 60K. Then I find a hole down to a deeper level.



Then Amethyst dies in a battle with some random mook. I may get wiped out and keep it this time, because I'm pretty damn well backed into a corner.


Down another floor we find this. What is it? A pipeline? The gigantic, ugly ass-end of a queen ant? No clue, but I may as well see this through to the end- Fritz's or the ants'.


Hey, somebody's trapped down here! Maybe he'll join my party. Except we get wiped out trying to rescue him. So I do reset and try again- I may be getting the damn plot back on the rails here, and that's worth a reset or two. Amethyst, WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE.


It's helping that I can now tell the difference between Winnable Fights and Total Bastards on the map. (PROTIP: the blue ants are Total Bastards.) Maybe it's not entirely ethical to keep running from fights and re-engaging until I get groups I know I can beat without losing LP, but in the choice between slightly shady and completely dead, I'll be shady. Amethyst is fast running out of MP, but she's lost only two LP so far instead of all FOUR, so I'll take it.

I do pick a fight with a couple blue ants, and lose some LP in the process. But, I get a sword called Wyrmslayer that's equal to Walrus' current blade, and with a name like that it probably does something fancy. So we'll try it.


It has a technique named Final Strike. Not sure if it means for the sword or the user, so I'm holding it in reserve.

We reach the guy just as we're running out of skill and magic points, so I sort through my inventory and find some restoratives. We're not in perfect shape, but there's four of us, and we're stronger than we were last time I was here. Antman fight, readyyyyyyyy... GO!!


VICTOLY! The guy says something about "Term" ...huh, guess these are termites and not ants. Meh, it's a bug. But he doesn't join us, and it's not the end of the dungeon. Oh well, let's press on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment